All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 1/18/07
      #297094 - 01/18/07 07:04 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/18 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

REPORTING IN - 1/18/07: Day 2 - Quite the Hiccup(s) new
      #297234 - 01/18/07 08:51 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi everyone,

So today started out alright, got worse.. then a *lot* worse. Oy!

Woke up and wasn't feeling great - My body was achy from the gym and for the past 3 days or so my rear has been really sore from what I assumed was a bruised tailbone or something.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with Oatbran, raisins and cinnamon with Vanilla Silk Soy Milk.

--> Driving into work, get stuck in traffic for an hour. Every bump in the road is agony on my poor tushy and my stomach is all churny. Roads are awful from snow, call in to work to say I can't make it. <---

Snack: 2 oatcakes with peanut butter and a cup of unsweetened applesauce.

---> Pains in rear get worse when I go to pick Adrian up from school, can't even sit in the car and every step I take is painful, make a doctors appointment <----

Snack: UFO - no sugar, but probably higher in fat than I should have done.

---> Major onset of D. Earlier in the day, have lots of BMs and figured maybe the extra fiber I've been trying to get was just "cleaning me out" a litle, but by afternoon it turned to D and had bad cramps and all that <---

Feeling too poorly to eat, no lunch.

---> Go to the doctor, he looks at my tailbone and says I have an infected abcess (sp) and gives me prescription for anti-biotics and anti-fungal. Says he will be referring me to a surgeon tomorrow and that I will have to go in for surgery to have abscess and surrounding tissue removed. <---

So now I just really want some sugar, am only comfortable lying on my side on the bed and am mighty irritable. I ended up having some leftover turkey meatloaf with carrots and peas for dinner so I could take my medications. Not overjoyed as I have *never* done well on anti-biotics and expect quite the adventure. Also not thrilled at the idea of surgery... let alone sugery on my poor little bum! After all the D, the fissure I had surgery on and all that hasn't it been through enough??

Called in to work, started to cry when I was talking to my supervisor. My New Years resolution was to take fewer sick days, and now this. It also means that the big "Winter Ball" I have been looking forward to for months which is on Saturday I will have to miss, so I am really bummed. I bought a new dress and everything.

Bah!

Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/18/07 new
      #297274 - 01/19/07 08:42 AM
Shell Marr

OK.... started off well and ended well...the middle is so/so... banana bread, water.... then lunch was a little messed up. We were going to order lunch in at work, due to a meeting... I WAS gonna get Phad Thai but the delivery truck was broke down so we had find somewhere else close by that someone could just run and pick it up. So, I ended up with chicken breast yakisoba...it was really good, but A LOT more calories then I wanted. Then I had a BIG chocolate chip cookie (not IBS safe kind)...... but it was calling my name.... emotional eating gets me every time!! I'm PMS'ing and just found out that Shane is flying out Monday at 7am to LA for work and will not be home until Friday night...... I DON'T do well without him....as many of you know my history. So, for dinner was 6" subway with turkey breast double meat, easy lettuce, and a thin line of fat free honey mustard and a bag of baked lays.

Went to the gym after work...... I did 60 mins on the elliptical and then 20 mins on the treadmill at the incline of 7 and speed of 2.6.... I found a GREAT song for THAT part of my workout that I kept replaying (like 4-5 times)..... Trisha Yearwood - "Georgia Rain"... it's perfect.... for that slower speed and climbing.... lovin it!! Then I did 3 sets of 12 Ab crunches....

So, my total workout....I burned 774 calories!!

--------------------

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/18/07 new
      #297282 - 01/19/07 09:58 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Alright everyone, I'm going to try to join this board. I've gained 5 or 6 pounds from eating junk the past few months. I would like to loose that weight, an additional 15 lbs of blubber I've been storing , and then add some definition to my body (arms mainly). So, here I go....

Breakfast: english muffin with strawberry jam, mid-size bowl of bran cereal.

Snack: strawberry breakfast bar

Lunch- mexican rice bowl with rice, chicken, veggies, & salsa

Snack- 2 mini Hershey's bars

Dinner- tomato soup with 2 pieces of garlic bread

I am in a volleyball league which was tonight so I played volleyball for 45-60 minutes. It wasn't very strenuous but I did sweat a little!

I hope to get back on my treadmill soon! I have a wedding in May that I would like to loose the 5 or 6 pounds for and a wedding in August that I would like to loose the entire 20 pounds for. I think that sounds feasible!

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/18/07: Day 2 - Quite the Hiccup(s) new
      #297289 - 01/19/07 10:17 AM
Shell Marr

Oh Steph... ouchy boo boo.... I've had what turned out to be an ingrown hair that was a lot like an abcess and had to have it removed also... I was up and working again (at the time I stood all day) in two days.... you will be fine

I'm sure your boss understands..... this is something you MUST take care of.

Sorry your missing your dance {{hugs}}

--------------------

#297290 - 01/19/07 10:19 AM
Snowy

Reged: 03/23/05

Oh no, you poor thing! If it's not one thing, it's another. How are you feeling today? How quickly will they do the surgery?

Don't feel bad about not being able to keep your resolution. It's obviously out of your control. Your health is much more important than any resolution or work.

--------------------
IBS-A, with bloating and gas as my predominant symptoms

#301548 - 03/06/07 09:41 AM
Niki J

Reged: 07/20/04
Loc: UK

So sorry you are having such a rough time. I know I haven't posted on here in a while but wanted to give you a hug.

Niki
xxx

Aww thanks! I am about to try it again, so stay tuned! -nt- new
      #301740 - 03/07/07 05:19 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 594 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2961

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review