All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Running
      #268620 - 06/10/06 08:47 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

I went RUNNING yesterday!!!! wow my tummy hurt before and after but not during. I bought some running shoes and clothes today and I am going to try and keep it up and do the race for life next year.

Does anyone run on here?

I`ve been getting tips off runnersworld.co.uk (which is good) but has anyone got any tips they could share?

Thanks in advance

JO xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Running new
      #268625 - 06/10/06 09:57 AM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

oh my gosh!! i had posted a running thing a couple days ago!! i'm training for 1/2 marathon in august. i love to run. i've been running for about 2 years. i have a subscription to runners world. i totally love that magazine. there are a lot of websites on running....i'll have to get you some information. next year in september i'm going to do a dualathon w/ iron girl (2 miles running, 20 miles biking and then 2 miles running again)

i'm sooo excited for you!! if you need any ideas or training schedules i can email you some..or at least give you websites and books that i have read. actually runners world.com is really good when it comes to almost anything.

way to go!!
Cella

#268677 - 06/10/06 03:49 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

me! I just started this year and the first few times I passed A LOT of wind and was really crampy. I did a search on here and people suggested doing tummy exercises like sit ups afterwards to strengthen the tummy muscles and it worked great.

I did my first ever run, a 10K in May, I didn't manage to run it all as I hadn't been training long enough.

I got asics runners and they were great. I also recommend Shock Absorber sports bras, I got mine in Debenhams, we discussed them on here a couple of weeks ago.

I really need to get back out there and do it, I haven't even gone to the gym since the run I've just done a few powerwalks, that's it.

I'll check out that website. Best tip ever is to make sure that you warm up and warm down properly, if not it's agony.

--------------------
S.

#268808 - 06/11/06 11:53 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

Thanks you two, and cella anything you can email me will be a GREAT help! I need as much motivation as poss. I`ve just joined a site called fetcheveryone.com - you can record where/when you run, how you feel, keep a blog AND write about what you eat...which could be beneficial to us ibsers...its all free.

I ran this morning before work and I am now so so stiff also I always poop after I run.urrrrrgh

I need to buy a sports bra, but they are all like £20 and I`m not paying that after spending £35 of trainers, I`ll have to wait till next pay day.

any advice is greatly appreciated...and keep me motivated you guys...I want to stick to this one!

jo x

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

#269030 - 06/12/06 07:54 PM
polly2004

Reged: 05/30/06
Loc: Minnesota

ok...here is some info for you...the books that i have read are: runner's world; complete book of women's running, runner's world cross training. both are very good. you can also go to www.halhigdon.com. he's a famous running author. if you just like to read; ultra marathon man by dean karnazes...dean is super crazy. the book is really good though.

i'm always doing research...so i'll keep ya updated!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 190 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2321

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review