All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Working out
      #266081 - 05/28/06 05:18 PM
geauga146

Reged: 03/06/06
Loc: Chagrin Falls, Ohio 44023

This is my first post and am not quite sure if this is the place to post but here it is. I workout regularly and try to stay in shapebut I notice that pretty much the last 5-10 years I have had a gut problem. I have tried to lose maybe the fat that is there but it just never seems to go away. It is just a bad pain when I sit down and it seems like everything is being crunched in. I wear bigger pants so I can have excesss when sitting down to relieve the pain. But I mean my pants are falling off then I sit down and the pain just hurts. It does not bother me during the day mostly because I am up on my feet. I was hoping the workout would help, but seems to just be there no matter what. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem or what I can do about it.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Working out new
      #266225 - 05/29/06 05:00 PM
dogmom

Reged: 05/29/06
Loc: Wisconsin

Hello this is my first post and my first time to this site. I was wondering what sorts of natural approaches and medicines have you taken or are you on? I have been diagnosed with IBS with constipation, so I know all too well the bloaty and distended belly part of what you were saying. I too have the pains with sitting, and it is now happening with all the standing and walking I do with being on my feet all day

Re: Working out new
      #266227 - 05/29/06 05:03 PM
dogmom

Reged: 05/29/06
Loc: Wisconsin

continued...I am seeing my primary care physician in 2 weeks to see if I can be taken off of the Zelnorm that for a year has not helped me. My GI dr put me on it after multiple tests, which revieled nothing so I got labeled IBS with constipation. Has anything helped you?

geauga and dogmom--hope this helps new
      #266261 - 05/29/06 09:39 PM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

geauga, it sounds like constipation. if you have never felt that pain before in your life, it's really shattering to have to deal with it and not have it go away. i have the same thing aka IBS/C. each person is different and will respond differently to methods but the best is to edit your diet. go to heathers cheat sheet and see the catagorized foods. try to incorporate as much IF with the SF b/c though it says to use SF as a staple, alot of Cer's find that following that diet too closely will only constipate them more. i agree. i feel the least pain when i eat fresh fruits/cooked veggies b/c they dont give me much bloat. also, yes, exercise is good. often just going for a long walk will help ease the cramps. anything hot around your tummy will also work well. and drinking strongly brewed peppermint tea is really soothing. get a professional opinion first though, unless you've already done so. there's a bunch of tests you have to endure before settling on the IBS diagnosis. good luck!

dogmom, i found immediate relief with the *renewLIFE* products [with combined strict diet] i first began the digestive enzymes after each meal and then added in the fiberSMART pills. they may be hard to find at HFS such as GNC or vitamin shop, etc. they've got a website: www.renewlife.com and you can order there. also, if your system can handle it, psyllium works well with some bloating--so take it at nighttime and drink lots of water. lots of water in general helps keep things moving--and less fatty foods. all of those things combined will help reduce the pain of the symptoms. good luck!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 152 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2795

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review