All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Running Walking with IBS
      #257299 - 04/09/06 09:34 PM
Darren

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: Christchurch NZ

after a few months of understanding what is wrong with me. I now want to jog again, but it is a trigger for IBS. So now I tried walking around 6klm. I also drank 800ml of water during the walk and sure enough another trigger. So does drinking too much water and exercise fill tummy and cause diahorea?

I have had a colonsocopy and an endosopy thing and they found nothing. So should I get any other tests done to make sure this is definately just IBS?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Running Walking with IBS new
      #257329 - 04/10/06 06:59 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Try drinking half the water about an hour before starting. Don't drink too much while exercising, try taking enough sips to make sure you don't feel thirsty. I don't know if it would be the cause of your attacks, but it's worth a try.

And I know that health experts always stress to drink tons of water when exercising. But it's better to get yourself good and hydrated before you start and then keep hydrated while exercising, rather than drinking it all while you're actually walking.

Also, eating properly is important. Make sure you're stomach isn't empty when you head out. And when you come home have a small snack, not a big meal right away.

Goodluck,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#257416 - 04/10/06 02:10 PM
Darren

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: Christchurch NZ

Thanks Kat,

You sound like you know. So what about tests for other possible causes of IBS? Do you know if I should have any other test done? So Many doctors are useless in this regard.

#257419 - 04/10/06 02:44 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

I actually haven't had many tests done. I got some tests for parasites, went to a doc about endometriosis, got my thyroid checked but I think that's it. I got completely better on Heather's diet so now it's just a matter of making sure I'm getting the right nutrients in my diet, and gaining weight back.

Heather does have a bit of a guide here: http://www.helpforibs.com/footer/ibs.asp
There's a list of things to check for before confirming IBS, so you could ask your doctor about each.

Good luck with the exercise,
Kat

--------------------
Kat

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 562 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2425

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review