All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Moving toward a diagnosis
      #257075 - 04/08/06 05:33 AM
lgreg

Reged: 03/31/06

As I posted the other (but can't find anywhere posted now), I gave in and went to the doctor regarding my symptoms. This was a huge step for me....the orginal doctor-phobe! She was somewhat dismissive which in my weakened state, really didn't sit too well with me, but is wondering first if there is a thyroid/adrenal issue which the IBS symptoms could be secondary to. Also, lots of questions about type 2 diabetes as my grandfather had, as well as thyroid issues. Blood work has been done, and should have some initial results Monday. She was NO HELP whatsover regarding help in the meantime, which really came across as dismissive to me. So, on my own am reading and trying to keep the stress level down. I started on Heather's tummy fiber yesterday and am reading her diet and recipe book. Last night I did a lot of research on thyroid and adrenal issues and would love to hear from others that struggle with similar issues. Also, I find this forum rather difficult to navigate...is it just me? Once I have posted, and I never know where to post general IBS discussion questions, I can seldom find them to see if anyone has responded. I belong to a number of other forums and never have that difficulty. Anyway, thanks to any and everyone for their input! I feel like personal responses from this group is a real comfort right now.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Moving toward a diagnosis new
      #257104 - 04/08/06 08:42 AM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Wow good luck with all the diagnosis-figuring-out. Stay patient! Once you start getting answers you'll feel a sense of relief.

As for general postings, the best place is probably the Eating for IBS Diet Board. General questions about diet, diagnosis and stuff goes there. Fitness and lifestyle is where people post about fitness questions, and their goals in weight management. The living room is great for non-IBS related stuff.

And if you want to keep track of a thread, simply click on the link "Favorite Thread (toggle)" at the bottom of the post. It'll show up in your "My Home".

Hope your doctor starts being a bit more helpful, but at least you've got some info and support on here.
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#259263 - 04/20/06 12:50 PM
bev28

Reged: 08/24/05

An easy way to find your posting as well as responses to it is to click the "Search" button, put in the title you gave to your post (i.e.: "Moving toward a diagnosis"), and then click on the forum you are searching in: Fitness & Lifestyle -- or all of them if you prefer. I had gone here first with a work issue question, and was also advised to go to the first forum listed when you are viewing all the forums (I think it's "Eating for IBS"). I did find that while I only had one response from the fitness site (and that one was advising me to go to the other one), I had many helpful responses on the "Eating... " one.

By the way, my doctor wasn't too helpful either! I had been told she really understood IBS, so I switched to her, only to find that she couldn't help me too much - although she did revise some of the prescription instructions and doses that the other doctor had given me, and they have helped a little. I had hoped she would write to my bosses explaining IBS and that I need flexibility about the time I arrive at work due to the fact that my illness sometimes makes me late (when I'm stuck in the bathroom!). She wouldn't write it!

Good luck! Beverly

#259452 - 04/21/06 09:31 AM
Priscilla

Reged: 04/21/06

Hi, I know it was in March that you wrote about your diagnosis, What did you find out??

I have had my Thyroid removed since I was 24 and I am 75 now. That doesn't seem to have anything to do with IBS. But how about food allergies?? That is like food poisoning to me. You might have allergies you do not know about.

I also have Fibromyalgia, which is the cause of some of the problems. Just a thought and hope it may help you.

Priscilla

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 62 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1596

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review