All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 3/13/06
      #251885 - 03/13/06 06:20 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 3/13 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 3/13/06 new
      #252056 - 03/13/06 08:29 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

Workout: weights - biceps and triceps, torso workout
cardio 15mins + stretching

Food:
cereal with Silk milk mmmmm
applesauce
turkey sandwich
muffin
carrots
chocolates
butter chicken and rice
baked potato with sour cream
Greens salad with italien dressing & soy cheese
lays chips
Silk choco milk mmmmmm

Discovered Silk soy milk today, love it! Trying a new food, avocados. So far I'm just adding it to my salad, but hoping to enjoy it as a snack eventually.

Kat

--------------------
Kat

Same old same old..help! new
      #252078 - 03/14/06 01:37 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

You've heard it all before. I have been a bad girl, I've been working too hard, eating WAY too many treats and as a result I am feeling like a heffalump.

It's 2 months til I turn 30 and I am determined to be the size/weight/fitness that I want to be by then soooo...

Here are my goals:

1. Train for and participate in The Calcutta Run a 10K on 27th May

2. Eat properly and healthily

3. Get back to 9st 7 maximum by my birthday (that means lose 4-5 pounds so is realistic and doable)

4. Fit into my summer clothes as soon as summer weather arrives. (My white and khaki stretch trousers to be specific!)

5. Get at least 40 mins cardio three times a week.

6. Report on my progress

NEED HELP & SUPPORT IN GETTING THERE AND LIFTING MY MOOD SO I CAN BE A HAPPY BIRTHDAY GIRL IN MAY!!

--------------------
S.

#252091 - 03/14/06 05:30 AM
Sassi0619

Reged: 01/06/06
Loc: Vermont

Okay, first time reporting in....here it goes!

6 oz. Water
12 oz. Fennel Tea
12 oz. Water
1 Banana Graham Muffin
2 Viactiv Chews
12 oz. Peppermint Tea
12 oz. Water
0.5 Soy Yogurt - Vanilla
1/2 cup Kashi Go-Lean Cereal
7 Pretzels, Thin Twists (Shaws)
12 oz. Fennel Tea
1 Luna Bar - Lemon Zest
12 oz. Water
14 Pretzels, Thin Twists (Shaws)
1 Bagel, Mini - Cinnamon Brown Sugar
1 Tbsp. Better 'n Peanut Butter
1 Apple, Small
12 oz. Water
12 oz. Fennel Tea
1.5 Banana Chocolate Chip Bar
16 Pretzel Nibblers - Sourdough

For excercise, I did my 50 min. advanced Pilates tape and a 45 minute low impact aerobic video (the grind).

Sending lots of support............. new
      #252149 - 03/14/06 10:00 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

I know you can do it Sinead....It is also my goal to get to 9 and a half stone by summer, but that means losing a stone for me so is gona be really hard......Im still down 19 pounds from last june when I piled on a loada weight......and I havent had chocolate or any form of refined sugar now for 47 days....plus I gave up wheat cos its bloats me and Im 18 days on that one now.....all I need to concentrate on is portion control/calorie counting and EXERCISE.....with all my uni stress at the moment its like I have no time for anything else....atleast the stress isnt causing me to eat it is actually doing the opposite for a change....just know this extra weight is gona take a lot to budge....I know you can do it....lets support each other...I need it too!!!!

--------------------
Natalie

#252164 - 03/14/06 11:06 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

(Note: I hate cooking & am lazy, so I generally prep. a lot of protein choices to have ready to go/adapt/improvise with, etc. So...I guess it was turkey day!)

turkey boob
grilled zucchini
spring mix
lowfat balsalmic vinaigrette
7 kalamata olives

spinach & chive mushroom stuffed portabella mushrooms

turkey boob
baby spinach salad
homemade dill dijon vinaigrette with 2 fresh lemons

A carton of organic vegetable broth (I think I got a bit dehydrated & needed the sodium/potassium!)

UFO sugarless gum
Altoids

Kate.

#252168 - 03/14/06 11:16 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

luna bar
oatmeal w/protein
2 cashews & 4 raisins
small french roll
small green salad w/chicken & FF rasp ving
protein shake
4 altoids
6" tuna on white only lettuce at Subway 1/2 bag baked chips, & 1/2 bottle Poweraide
6 hershey's kissed (THAT TIME OF THE MONTH)
lots of water.....

Worked out with personal trainer 1 hour..... upper body...gave legs a rest after 5K on Sun.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Thanks Natalie new
      #252260 - 03/15/06 03:20 AM
cailin

Wowe, 19 pounds is fantastic.
What are you eating for sweet cravings with no refined sugar? What exactly does that mean? You know me and my sweet tooth but I am very very interested in seeing if it's doable for me.

What are you eating now with no bread?

I need to do the exercise thing too.

My goal is 9 and a half stone too, Well my first one- 9st4 or 5 would be bikini weight but 9 1/2 would be great if I could maintain it.

Sore tummy today

Stressed and bored with work at the same time too which is driving me to chocolate even thought it makes me feel bad almost immediately. I need to revise my attitude to food. Maybe later!

Looking forward to all your info on what you are up to eating wise. Fair play to you!

--------------------
S.

Some info............ new
      #252435 - 03/16/06 05:28 AM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

Thanks sinead....yea I am proud of keeping the weight off atleast, but really I put on over a stone in a month and then when I realised went stright to dieting to get it off so I think it was easier to get off cos it was quickly put on but still...yes I am pleased...atleast the double chin has well and truly gone and Im feeling much less bloated...stomach is also much flatter....just the overall chunkiness that needs to go! And I'll make sure it does...I just wish I had the time to have some form of regular exercise cos I know thats gona slow it down....I walk to uni everyday.....which altogether is atleast 3+ miles....and Im generally active in uni...neva sit still....but its not enough...I do Davina Mccalls Power of 3 workout....sometimes just one session or all three....they are REALLY good...I love them....I am NOT a fan of the gym.....I love pilates, yoga and dance but I cant afford to take classes...I practice at home sometimes...but I really need routine. Ive said that once uni ends in the summer and I get some money coming in I will properly get myself on track with that....I WANT a toned stomach...Ive NEVER had one....fat chance with my chocolate obsession! Thats why Im so happy that Ive gotten over that one....it'll be 50 days tomorrow since I last had any chocolate, sweets etc.....BIGGEST ACHIEVEMENT for me EVER!! Anyway here are my saviours for my sweet tooth.....I have to admit...after a few weeks cold turkey on no sugar you actually DONT crave it at all!! I look at people eating chocolate and sweets and crap now and think WHY??? its not doing you any good...theres NO nutrition and you dont need it....its so weird...I feel like Gillian McKeith....

This is more or less my diet at the mo.........

Breakfast....either oats with soya milk and chopped banana or bowl of frozen grapes(trust me they are soooooo much better that way....Im getting everyone addicted!) with chopped apple(deskinned) and some pure apple and mango juice on top(basically my own version of a fruit salad thing)

Lunch - Baked sweet potato(MY FAVOURITE)or I skin chop and boil it for a few mins then coat in a little olive oil and cajun spice and bake in the oven(YUMMY)with either a can of tuna drained with fat free mayo or a piece of salmon baked.... and then salad with it(lettuce cucumber and tomato) Or I sometimes have chicken or tuna salad, with some chopped boiled potato mixed in(kinda like a potato salad)and fat free mayo which I take to uni in a sandwich box.

For snacks.....well Ive virtually given them up....which is a HUGE deal for me....its weird cos I used to practically snack all through the day....but I really dont crave like that anymore.....what I do have though is homemade smoothies which I also take to uni incase I get peckish....I blend...bananas, soya milk, low fat coconut milk, sometimes a bit of vanilla essence, or strawberries...I also used silked tofu in one once and it was AMAZING! Another major trick is to freeze the smoothie....especially with the tofu in....if Ive had really sweet tooth cravings then I drzzle a little honey(cos its not refined) It makes a really good icecrem if you let it freeze right. I keep having frozen strawberries or grapes with frozen smoothie as desserts! I also am ADDICTED to those innocent smoothies...do u get them in ireland....the banana, pineapple and coconut one is absolutely to die for...and is totally ibs safe!

Dinners...are usually homemade soup...I make a batch on a sunday....usually roast chicken, boil the carcass, add seasoning and stuff, loads veg and butternut squash which makes it sweet....I LOVE my soups! The butternut squash and sweet potatoes are GOOD carbs so they help majorly with the sugar cravings plus stop me wanting bread or anything with wheat. I sometimes have roast chicken, with spice or whatever...and stir fried veg with soy sauce and sweet potato....or different variations of that depending on if I have salmon/tuna/chicken/turkey/cod etc in my freezer!

On days when I really want something carby...I put oats in the microwave with marks and spencers soya milk(its THE best...they put grape extract in it which Im sure is what makes it taste so good) and then I drzzle banana/coconut/soya smoothie on top.....my MAJOR weakness..which was becoming an obsession which is why we've kinda stopped having it in this house as its something which you need to portion control as its calorific....but we use either porridge oats, readybreak, oatmeal...and mix in a cup some honey and rapeseed oil and microwave that for a few mins to melt....then mix...we keep playing around with consistency cos they always seem to turn out differently....but we roll into balls and make cookies....and they are SOOOOO nice....especially with a bit of frozen smoothie icecream!!!

Haha...Ive just realised how long Ive just gone on about food for....ask me anythin else you want to know......

--------------------
Natalie

Wow Natalie, that's fantastic! new
      #253121 - 03/20/06 02:42 AM
cailin

WOW! Thanks a million Nat.

I went out and bought sweet potato and butternut squash after reading this! mmmm!

When I am being good breakfast is fine- I have either weetabix w soy milk if I eat at home or porridge made on water with grapes or melon

Lunch can be dodgy as I might binge in the canteen rather than have a sandwich. I get tempted by dinners and then fill up my plate. I wish that they had baked potatoes every day as I love them. If I am really tired I have been havhing chocolate or something sugary and a full sugar coke or 7up.

Dinner wise I am usually ok but the biscuit tin at home is a problem, as is portion control.

Also I need to get moving! I went for teo very long walk/jogs at the weekend as I had just gotten soo lazy. Im determined to do that run at the end of May.

We do have the innocent smoothies over here, I like red and purple ones the best, my favourite is the strawberries and bananas one, simple but it works.

You really are being virtuous, I am soo impressed!

I have been very good not snacking except on grapes etc over the weekend, but I do find it a lot easier to be good at the weekened when I am at home rather than when I am at work and get mad/frustrated with things!

Your cookies sound yummy. Are you honestly full with just soup for dinner? How many bowls? I made really good soup at the weekend with carrots, onions, celery, leeks and mushrooms and some french onion organic stock cube...mmmmm delish!

I will keep you updated on my progress. Today I weighed 9st 11. I want to be 9st 9 next Monday, I know that I can do it. Once I hit 9st 7 my clothes should start fitting properly again and I can feel not quite so frumpy and bumpy!

I have decided to join P's gym and pay an upfront fee as I think since he is going a lot that I will go too, and i will MAKE myself go three times a week to see some BURN!!!

Craving sweet potato now!

--------------------
S.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 453 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2631

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review