All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
reporting in 2/22
      #247930 - 02/22/06 04:07 PM
keke

Reged: 06/05/05

I ate rice chex with rice milk for breakfast. One soy burger for lunch with a small handful of cheetos. 4 small frozen chicken breast nuggests with a very small amount of fries. I teach and today was a students birthday and I ate one of his cupcakes that he brought.

Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: reporting in 2/22 new
      #247998 - 02/23/06 01:49 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Here's what I ate. Note: I follow a different diet than Heather's for personal reasons. Also note that I am in no way shape or form "knocking" Heather's diet. We all eat/live in accordance to what works most effectively. AND, things are always subject to change.

fatfree organic yogurt

more fatfree organic yogurt

shrimp fluff poached in egg whites (very decadent)

organic chicken broth

baked chicken boob with tons of sea salt, sage & thyme.
3 roasted organic asparagus spears (I used frozen); 2 dessert spoonfuls of organic homemade babyfood spinach. 4-5 bites of mixed organic salad greens without dressing.

more organic fatfree yogurt

peppermint lavender chai (definitely good for post attack cramps!)

green jasmine tea (very weak)

Feeling much better. Took lots of Immodium & simethecone for D and the gassiness that always follows one of those evacuation attacks. I am aware that the use of dairy is highly controversial among IBS'ers. It did not disturb me, but rather made me feel better. I'm not recommending it though. I did take enzymes and a handful of Beano for my token green things. No gas attacks. Honoured limitations.
Required much rest & fluids, today. Consumed lots of sodium. Feeling much more mentally better. Still working on that programming re: eating my veggies. It will take time. Honoured my limitations.

UFO coffee and sugarless gum.

***note: I have osteopenia & my MD wants me on a very high calcium/ vitamin D diet. ***

Less than 7 farts--and mostly just air! No D, today. Hurray! Looking forward to being on hiatus from D, or an exotic C spell. Seriously, I hope I don't poop for at least a week. Also considering a meal replacement/protein shake thing. I'm just getting sick and tired of eating food.

Kate, IBS-D.

#248004 - 02/23/06 04:57 AM
uwponine

Reged: 03/19/05
Loc: Wisconsin

1/2 C Chickpea puree
3 brown rice cakes
1/2 C egg whites
1.5 C banana puree
1T plain protein rice powder
4 oz plain rice milk
Naked Dairy Free taco Salad (1 C black beans
1 C romain lettuce, 1 C pico de gallo)
1 C zucchini

Good day. Note: I am on the candida diet and still lost a bit. My SF is coming from veggies now.

--------------------
IBS-C with major bloat!
Gluten Free Vegan

#248068 - 02/23/06 09:02 AM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Luna Bar

Crispix
toast

toast, Peppermint tea - I didn't have lunch because of my doctor's appointment. It took longer than I thought and I was too nervous to snack on anything. Update on that visit in the LR if you're interested.

However, after the doctor's visit, bf and I went to our favorite Chinese food restaurant (MSG free, low-fat, filtered water, delicious)!

egg flower soup
Dragon & Phoenix combo (chicken and shrimp w/ lots of vegetables)
steamed white rice
fortune cookie
peppermint tea

Luna Bar

one slice of toast before I went to bed

Re: Forgot to mention weight update... new
      #248070 - 02/23/06 09:05 AM
lalala

My goal has been to gain weight. In November, I was 105 lb and at 5'6" that's just too low! Ideally, I'd like to be about 125 lbs. Anyway, I was weighed yesterday at my doctor's office - I'm 107 lbs. Up two pounds from November. I was hoping to gain four pounds, but at least I gained something and, most importantly, I didn't lose any more weight.

chai question... new
      #248078 - 02/23/06 09:28 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Kate, the peppermint lavendar chai sounds divine! Is it a specific brand or just a combo of ingredients you did on your own?

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Re: chai question... new
      #248080 - 02/23/06 09:28 AM
lalala

That does sound good!

Re: Forgot to mention weight update... new
      #248103 - 02/23/06 10:34 AM
Wind

It takes a long time to gain weight--but that's definite progress. Way to go, M!

I think we both have alot of nervous/excited energy. My hair is growing back again--very definitely/obviously. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any, either. I'm going for another five. Honestly, though...it takes a long time.

Keep on eating.

Kate.

#248104 - 02/23/06 10:37 AM
Wind

Hehe. My witch's brew. I just let the herbs simmer and then added organic milk. You could substitute rice milk. Next time, I think I'll toss in a bit of fennel. It's very nerve calming, gas releasing, and anti-spasmodic/painkilling, sedating. AND IT SMELLS INCREDIBLE!

Kate.

Re: uwponine, a great veggie SF new
      #248110 - 02/23/06 10:59 AM
Wind

I think you'll love spaghetti squash. It's fabulous just plain! It would co-ordinate well with bean/legume dishes.
Plus, it's fun to eat & cooks quickly/effortlessly.

Best wishes & encouragement with the Candida diet. I'm glad you're feeling improved.

Kate.

#249816 - 03/03/06 07:53 AM
Saveena

Reged: 11/22/04
Loc: Texas

It sounds so good, I'm tempted to try it out. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

~ Lisa

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 652 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3505

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review