All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 1/30/06
      #242663 - 01/30/06 07:14 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/30 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/30/06 new
      #242847 - 01/30/06 03:15 PM
SueZQ

Reged: 01/30/06
Loc: Tennessee

I spent the day on this site, researching and not eating much because I am trying to figure out what triggers my upsets. What do "threads" mean on the message boards?? I'm also trying to decide whether to go to a doctor or try improving/changing my diet first.
Thanks,
Sue

Hi SueZQ new
      #242867 - 01/30/06 04:48 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi there!!

First of all, welcome to the boards.
Okay, a few things... First one, this is actually the fitness board where we post about weight loss/gain etc for those who are focusing on things like exercise and stuff. It's not really a good place to post general IBS questions as not that many people come by here, just to talk about fitness and that sort of thing.

I would post on the Eating For IBS board instead, if you haven't already and you will get more replies.

Second, "threads" are just the posts. So your question, and the responses will be one thread.

As for your stomach, definitely go to the doctor. And watch your diet. You can start both at the same time. You should really sit down and talk to your doctors about all your symptoms and everything. Make sure that your doctor investigates all possibilites, which might mean some yucky tests because that's really important to make sure you know what's going on in there.

Diet is so important for your stomach, and a good way to start identifying what bothers you the most is to keep a log of all the food and drinks you are having. Write down everything you eat, and drink and your symptoms and you'll be able to figure at least part of it out that way.
Make sure you are avoiding major triggers to your GI tract - no high fat foods, good idea to avoid dairy, alcohol, caffeiene, artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols (sorbitol, manitol, etc). Those things can bother even non-IBS tummies.

Good luck, and have a look around the other boards as they are more appropriate for this kinda question.

Cheers,

--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#242899 - 01/30/06 05:44 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Exercise: 2 rounds weights and ball AND 30 min treadmill!
Calories: about 1900 (ok)
Pants: were very loose today

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#242939 - 01/30/06 10:22 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

guess who's back ... hehe.

pre-breakfast: slice of homemade french bread
breakfast: bowl of oatmeal with applesauce
lunch: egg white omelette sandwich on french bread with a slice of veggie "salami", banana
snack: rice krispie treat
dinner: rice with stirfried tofu and carrots (two helpings), glass of cranberry juice
snack: applesauce, tiny slice of bread, cup of steamed soy milk

water: lots - almost 3L (go me!)

exercise: 20 mins yoga this morning, lots of walking around campus campus, 15 minutes on the exercise bike

notes: didn't really eat enough today due to snack-skipping (busy day, and hence the *two* helpings of stirfry at dinner) and a there's a significant lack of vegetables, but good on water and a good amount of exercise, so all in all I'm pleased

#242940 - 01/30/06 10:48 PM
Draupadi

Reged: 07/16/05
Loc: Santa Cruz, California

Hey Guys,

Not too bad today, but feelin' a bit bloated...a little too much dessert after dinner, but I guess I could use the calories...

*luna bar, tea with soymilk

*half veggie burger sandwich with lemon dill spread, avocado, and spring greens, carrot ginger soup

*banana, handful of mixed nuts

*tempeh with zucchini, curried lentils, and a bowl of soy delicious espresso flavored ice cream

--------------------
Julia

#242985 - 01/31/06 07:22 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

not the greatest day - i think i was bored, because i was thinking about food *constantly*. sunday i was careless with fat & dairy, and then monday had too much fat, too. no full-blown attack, but it wasn't great. (i think i need to up my SFS - i'm at 8g now, and not totally fine, so it couldn't hurt.) i did go to the gym in the morning, which was good, but calories were probably around 2000 or 2100. so not great. oh well.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#243089 - 01/31/06 10:05 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Treating self to funky dental work due to my non-smoking habit. Had some bonding done today & just cannot stop smiling whenever I pass a mirror.

Lots of cheating, food-wise, as you can see (i.e. IBS-diet deviancy!). And, for some bizarre reason I don't feel too guilty. I'm pretty good at "picking up the pieces." (You know, Immodium, enzymes, etc.) Basically, an eat what-ever-you want day.

2 (UFO) skim lattes

Chicken boob salad (chicken breast, field greens, raw mushrooms, steamed asparagus, Raspberry Vinaigrette)

Spaghetti Squash
with broccoli puree sauce, basil, tarragon, &roasted garlic

Another big salad (romaine)
topped with grilled zucchini (I love it grilled! "Garlic & Herb" seasoning)
a few more raw mushrooms (thanks Atomic Rose for the tip. they're really good on salads)
and UFO creamy dill dressing

a few "faux-taters" for dessert with thyme

UFO sugarless gum

Kate.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 49 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2894

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review