All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/15/06
      #238647 - 01/15/06 09:22 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/15 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/15/06 new
      #238710 - 01/15/06 03:49 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: banana porridge -made porrridge, added a small banana and some cinnamon and put it in the blender- first attempt to recreate something we had on holiday in Peru and it was a roaring success
(also an unsafe croissant that my lovely husband bought me as a treat so I ate after my porridge, and it was yummy and thankfully had no repercussions)

Lunch: A burrito (grilled chicken,jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, no cheese)

Dinner: Bevrs' Sausage & Rice Skillet

Snacks: 1 pear, 1 mini chocolate wafer bar, 1 pink and white wafer treat

Exercise: walking moderate pace 40 mins-

Results: Very low calorie day food wise (for me!), purely down to not snacking as much as usual and being more careful about portion size.

About 700 calories to spare, goal is 500, yay!

Weigh day is Tuesday (although I admit that I sneak on the scales most mornings, esp if I have been BAD!) I am aiming to wear my smallest suit to work on Monday week, it had gotten quite tight on my @ss so I haven't unwrapped it since I got it drycleaned. Fingers crossed for me!

--------------------
S.

#238734 - 01/15/06 05:43 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Luna Bar

Kix
toast

chicken broth w/ sliced clove of garlic added
steamed broccoli
steamed carrots
mashed potatoes
corn tortilla

Luna Bar

black bean burrito
tomato salsa
corn tortilla chips
chamomile tea

apple crumb cobbler w/ vanilla soy ice cream
chamomile tea

#238745 - 01/15/06 07:32 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

2 toaster waffles w/ maple syrup

cinnamon life (so addictive) w/ lite soy milk

protein powder w/ lite soy milk

honey wheat pretzels
1 1/2 T reduced fat pb
1 c lite soy milk

veggie stir-fry (mostly broccoli & snow pea pods)
white rice

maybe berries or a small something later, but i think i'm probably done - on my way home from the restaurant from dinner i started feeling painfuly gassy. could the broccoli have hit me that quickly?

gym! hardcore, as i promised - 20 minutes of alternating walking and running (after a minute and a half of running at 5.5 mph, my heart gets to 190! - i think i need to do this more often, get my heart in shape), 40 or 45 minutes elliptical, crunches, pushups, lifting. i'll be sore tomorrow, but i feel good.

except for the gas. boo.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

#238749 - 01/15/06 07:49 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Babyfood Green Eggs (so so so awesome! Better than egg salad. You cannot imagine how 'rich' these things taste!)
1 c. egg whites & broccoli

Green Beans & Spinach Puree
on Field Greens
with Portabellini mushroom crumbles
& Balsalmic & Dijon dressing
Major chives

Highliner salmon filet (110 calories, 25g protein, 1 g fat) pureed with cauliflower "faux-taters" & CHIVES
& topped with leftover portabellini mushroom crumbles

Another salmon filet pureed with zucchini & chevril
with a little Thai Chili Garlic Sauce

Okay, so I'm a food processor addict. Curse me. Beyond lettuce if I'm in the mood to eat it, I food process just about everything. And yes, sometimes I even food process the lettuce! Seriously, everything is kind of a smoothie or pate-like/adult babyfood??? here.

However, if you want to make a great egg white, chicken boob or salmon or tuna salad, a food processor does an amazing job. Very creamy. The food processed egg whites are positively DECADANT!

Kate.

Re: Mushroom crumbles new
      #238886 - 01/16/06 10:38 AM
lalala

I was wondering if you cook these first or do you eat them raw? I was thinking of incorporating them into a spinach recipe I have (wilted baby spinach w/ red pepper flakes, and garlic). Thanks!

#238959 - 01/16/06 02:50 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I've done them both ways, with fantastic results. I usually food process/puree them first (i.e.) raw, & then cook. However, reversing the process also works wonderfully! And it is outstanding with spinach!

Kate.

#238971 - 01/16/06 03:39 PM
lalala

Thanks, Kate! I went and bought some crimini mushrooms today. (I think they are similar to baby portabellas?) I also bought some salmon - I haven't made salmon since I was in high school! We'll see how it all turns out. Tasty, I hope.

Oh, I've been checking out whfoods.com, which you posted a link to. I love that site! Great information, recipes, recommendations, and I love the list of references they provide with each article/summary. Thanks for that link as well!

#238993 - 01/16/06 04:31 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Cals about 1650. Had WW tilapia at Applebee's for lunch. Exercise sort of pathetic biking for me, only 45 min and had problems with the programming. Kept down the cals today a lot better than Fri and Sat which were horrible!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

REPORTING IN - 1/15/06 - Blah! new
      #239044 - 01/16/06 07:41 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hey guys,

Alright, I'll be honest.. I am not doing that well! The problem I am having is a lack of organization, planning and time. Without those things, it is so hard to eat healthy meals! I do so well for a little while, and then just...blaah. I am really trying to eat more vegetables and fruits, but it is so hard. I react to EVERYTHING raw, and the prep is just too much sometimes when I have no time so I eat crap.. or nothing. Will keep working on this..

Breakfast: Made my oatmeal/oat bran with soy milk. Had no fruit. Only ate about half of it.

Snack: Apple Crisp Granola Bar

Lunch: Kaiser roll with 1 Tbsp LR Peanut butter - ate about half. Can of sprite. Baked potato chips.

Dinner: Breaded chicken breast, baked fries, steamed carrots and asparagus.

Dessert: Gingerale, shortbread cookie (they are all gone now, so I don't have to worry about them anymore!)

Not great, not great at all!
Trying to do more planning, will get better after Wednesday I hope!

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#239438 - 01/18/06 10:00 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......

My BMR = 2083 + I burned 451 calories (housework, day off from the gym ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 1804 calorie food budget.

Pre-Breakfast: 300 calories 1 cup Oatmeal & Water

Breakfast: 100 calories 6oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

Snack: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Stick Luna Bar & Water

Lunch: 300 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, ½ oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels, 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Protein Powder Drink (Chocolate mixed with water) & Water

Dinner: 278 calories Stir Fry of 5oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoons Diced Onion, 1/4 Teaspoon chopped Garlic, 3 chopped mushrooms, 1-1/2 cup no salt added canned green beans, 1 Tablespoon NEW Mrs Dash - Zesty Garlic Herb 10 Minute Marinade (no salt) & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 96 oz

Total of 1361 ......in my food budget

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 376 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3853

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review