All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
REPORTING IN - 1/11/06
      #237540 - 01/11/06 08:23 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 1/11 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 1/11/06 new
      #237794 - 01/11/06 08:17 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

gah, 13 hour day! i love my job, but i am a tired girl.

plain bagel

wheat thins
2 egg whites (hardboiled)
asparagus (sauteed in olive oil w/ seasoned salt)

oatmeal

pasta w/ zucchini (& olive oil)
luna bar

wheat thins
spiru-tein w/ lite soy milk
caramel rice cake

i feel like i'm forgetting something - i remember feeling like i was eating a lot during the day - but i think this is really the truth.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

REPORTING IN - 1/11/06 new
      #237797 - 01/11/06 08:37 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

breakfast: 2 pita chips, granola w/ soy milk
lunch: salad, slice of bread
snack: slice of plain toast

and then we went to adam's dad's for dinner, and everything went terribly wrong

dinner: baked haddock w/ green beans in a sauce i shouldn't have eaten, too many potatoes, a slice of bread, a UFO drink
dessert: 2 whisky balls (cookies, and def. not IBS-safe) and some fudge

workout: no workout today... i think i might be fighting off a cold or something, i just couldn't stay awake today.

I think I know why I'm not losing weight. I have too many of these "oops" days. LOL
Better luck tomorrow.

#237819 - 01/11/06 09:44 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 1211 calories (50 mintues Turbo Kickboxing then 23 minutes on the Treadmill) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2564 calorie food budget.

TURBO KICK BOXING Pre-designed Kickboxing interval class using no equipment. Cardio section uses intensity drills and increased energy sprints followed by work recovery segments.

Pre-Breakfast: 180 calories Nutz Over Choc Luna Bar & Water

Breakfast: 250 calories 1/2 cup Oatmeal w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in AFTER cooking & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Ginger Tea unsweetened

Snack: 150 calories 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce w/ Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder mixed in after heating it in the microwave & Water

Lunch: 305 calories 6oz Tuna w/Light Mayo, 1oz Snyders FF Mini Pretzels, 4oz Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Before The Gym: 200 calories 12oz Jay Robb Egg White Choc Protein Powder Drink (mixed with water) & Water

At The Gym: 14 calories 4 Altoids & Water

Dinner: 411 calories Baked Burrito 10" Flour Tortilla w/5oz Chicken Breast, 2 Tablespoon Hummus ( on the side ), 2 Teaspoons Green Tabasco Sauce, 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper, Butter Pam & Water

Tea Time: 0 calories 8oz Heather's Fennel Tea unsweetened

Fiber Pills: 3 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 104 oz Can we say 1,000 potty breaks today!! LOL

Total of 1563 .....LOW, should be at least 1800....but still in my food budget

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#237827 - 01/12/06 12:01 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

MY FOODS:

-lemon luna bar
-ginger/orange tea w/*acacia
-mini *cocoa scone [homemade by me!]
-*fennel tea
-*sweet potato soup
-2 *rice cakes
-*cranberry juice
-2nd mini *cocoa scone
-3 more scones later-on at home
-*vanilla baby cookies
-few *french fries/catsup
-vegan pizza!!

OTHER:

-moved psyllium up to 5 pills today
-1+ liter/water
-babysat for 8.5 hours

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

The Shame... new
      #237831 - 01/12/06 03:05 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

This is WHY i am reporting, to counteract this shame!

Breakfast: A soy yogurt and special k bar (good ish start)

Lunch: noodle stir fry with potatoes

Dinner: hmmm...cold tiger prawns and crackers (couldn't get into my kitchen to cook as the guy was working on the floor til 10pm so I just had to eat what was in the bag of groceries I got on the way home.

Snacks: CHOCOLATE, then MORE CHOCOLATE, followed by CHOCOLATE,(there were minitoblerones at work and Mars Celebrations left over from Christmas that someone brought in and I ate) 2 pink and white wafers (46 cals each) Some Pringles , a Tracker cereal bar

I reckon I probably ate my target in chocolate today so I am completely shamed.

Excuse: PMS PMS PMS. Cramps from PMS and from IBS, not helped by what I ate.

--------------------
S.

Re: The Shame... new
      #237897 - 01/12/06 07:26 AM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

hey cailin. sorry you had a rough day. i really don;t think you need to beat yourself up over it, though - i've found it's so much easier to do this if a slip isn't a *sin*, if you don't feel like you've ruined a day or your whole process by eating chocolate - it was a choice, maybe not the healthiest, most mindful choice, but in the grand scheme of things, it'll hardly register. it's most important to not beat yourself up about it, because feeling like your goodness is at stake can backfire hugely.

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Thanks Jaime new
      #237941 - 01/12/06 09:14 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

..thanks for the encouragement. I made the decision to blow it on Tuesday and am not cross with myself about that, but yesterday I was supposed to be good, as I had had my pre-planned weekly bad day on Tuesday, that's why I really felt like I let myself down.

Today (Thursday) is going so much better now that I made myself write down yesterday. The thing was that the chocolate really made my tummy sick but I kept eating it, it was like it consumed me (mm those Snickers Celebrations...) but I am OVER it...and on a seafood binge today! Sushi for dinner I think!

--------------------
S.

REPORTING IN - 1/11/06 new
      #237994 - 01/12/06 11:50 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Everyone! Here is my report for today:

Exercise: Not as much as I would have liked BUT my calves are SO SORE and so tight from that class I did yesterday that I am walking real funny! Took my dog out, walked for 30 minutes.

Breakfast: (Had a dentist appointment so I can't eat beforehand as I get so nervous) 1/2 white roll with some ICBINB and a tiny bit of LF Peanut Butter

Lunch: 4 periogies with some ICBINB, 4 spears of steamed asparagus, 1/2 cup of peas and 1/2 cup of corn.

Snack: Apple Crisp Granola Bar

Dinner: (Dinner will be tricky for me on Wednesdays as I have my Accounting class for 3 hours in the evenings) 1/2 sandwich - 1/2 white roll, small smear of Ultra Low Fat Mayonaise and ICBINB on other side, sundried tomato turkey breast.

After class: UFO (Took a trip to 7-11.. started with a Slur, ended with a P. )

So not toooo bad, I guess. Should have eaten more small meals throughout the day but both my dentist appointment (which I showed up for at 11, and was actually at 12:30, oops!) and my evening class kinda threw things off big time.
Oh well!

I spoke to my nutritionist today as well, who I have been sending food logs to once in a while for her to evaluate. She told me I really need to keep to small, frequent meals and that I shouldn't be having ANYTHING packaged (she did not approve of Baked Lays). She is also really concerned about the throat reactions I have been having, and thinks I may be allergic to some spice or something so I am to eat VERY BLAND for the next 2 weeks to try and pinpoint exactly what has been bothering me if we can.
She also agrees that my lips swelling up (did I mention that? Yeah, that happened last week, hee hee) is probably a reaction to all the almonds I have been having and says I should only be eating 2 or 3... boo, just when I got totally hooked on them!

See ya'll for tomorrow's report!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#238035 - 01/12/06 03:08 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Very depressed and sick on this day. Ate brownies for breakfast and carrots for lunch. Cals 1270. Exercise: 12.75 miles biking and situps. I am all better now BTW.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 138 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3048

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review