All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: Pain and the dangers of bloating. new
      #235749 - 01/04/06 05:42 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yikes, Maria--I've been there too. Maybe that's why us IBS'ers have a tendency to eat more or less the same things everyday--tried/tested/true ultra safe things, ultra-safely prepared.

That's scarey. I've even scared the hell out of people during attacks like this, in the past. While on Nexium, I got extremely worried because I had so many more of those obscenely painful attacks. Now that I'm off that drug, the attacks are gone. Truly, though...they do get me supremely on track & ultra-conscious. I am so "anal" that I measure everything. Finally, fiber feels fine again & not painful.
I don't anticipate pain, either. I guess, we have to live with our limits. It's frustrating, sometimes--isn't it?

I must add that quitting smoking has definitely made the difference. It's true re: smokers eating air. Not smoking really eliminated SO MUCH IBS B.S./unnecessary pain, cramps,
tons of D, etc.

Poor Sofia, though!

I usually keep it really soft, liquidy, safe on those days.
I literally spoon feed myself.

Kate.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

I'm so sorry, Ruchie. new
      #235754 - 01/04/06 05:49 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I didn't want to sound pushy! Playing it safe is the best policy. Is it the new meds., do you think? A mysterious ingredient in those dessert treats? C from Hell? Maybe a reaction to Benefiber? I hope you figure it out. Treat yourself with tons of TLC, heating pads, teas, hugs, etc.

I just know you, and well...I'm concerned. (Hmmm...I feel like a cow, now. Okay, I know that's hardly the case--everything BUTT! I can't eat a whole potato without feeling bloated. 1/2c., I have learned is my max. The most rice I can tummy is 1/2c. Anymore and I feel bloated and vomit. Warped.)

Hugs,
Kate.

#235757 - 01/04/06 05:51 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

The funny thing is, I still have my appetite and I'm still experimenting with food. I think there's a part of me that's slowly realizing that I still need to eat. I just need to stay away from those Hershey Kisses. (Yep, that was my cheat! I threw out what was left today. I didn't buy them - Christmas treats from family members - but I sure did eat them! )

It is hard to experiment with food though, when you're afraid of experiencing more pain.

I'm glad you're doing so great! You've made some really good choices for yourself this past month. Geeze! I feel so proud of you! You inspire me to get some more variation in my diet and get out of the house.

Re: I'm so sorry, Ruchie. new
      #235778 - 01/04/06 06:38 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

It's not my IBS. (Though I am still C atm). It's the interstitial cystits that is giving me so much pain. At least I can sit down...I'm thankful for that! I have an appointment with a new urologist tomorrow. PRAY he will help...

IC is chronic just like IBS. Only the pain is in diff. places...

So I get pain from IBS, interstitial cystitis, fibro, (which thank G-D!!! is not so bad right now), and potentially I also have vulvodynia and endo. in the mix.

So yeah. Not much left to eat if I don't cheat on some diet somewhere down the line!

So....when I feel like this...I "forget" my hunger pains cause I'm too scared to eat.

I gotta eat when I take my meds so I'm assured some food will go down.

I ate better today than yesterday I think.

Those desserts def were a BIG no-no.

*sigh*

It WILL get better. But for now....

Just trying to stay positive. Can't wait to meet my new doc tom. Hope he can help! G-d please help this man to help me!

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Reporting In!! 01/03! new
      #235790 - 01/04/06 08:17 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi ya'll!
Here is my report for today, did better today as I went to the gym.

Exercise: 1.5 hours at the gym. 12 minutes on the bike, 20 minutes on the elliptical. Half an hour of other exercises, weights and stuff. 10 more minutes on the treadmaster.. stair-somethingerother..

Breakfast: Oatmeal/Oat Bran with 1/2 cup of soymilk and some peaches.

Snack: Almonds and Raisins

Lunch: Turkey sandwich on sourdough bread with 1/2 tsp of light mayo, mustard, lettuce and pickles. 1 pear.

Snack: Almond granola bar

Dinner: Tuna sandwich with ultra low fat mayo, 10 baked lays chips, 1.5 pickles and gingerale.

Snack: Big time UFO, very bad.

I have some UFO in my freezer (you can guess!) and I have been eating it regularly, which is very bad! In fact, even though I have done much better with ALL the other parts of my diet, EXCEPT for this UFO that I have been eating. I think this may be the reason I have GAINED 1.5 lbs! Oy!

Alright, off to report for my today!

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#235860 - 01/05/06 07:28 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

I am SO sorry you went through all of that Maria! Are you ok? I'm glad you didn't get hurt (you didn't right?)

Thanks for writing me so I know I'm not alone *hugs*

P.S. It hurts to sit down this a.m.

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 48 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5311

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review