All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Endoscopy
      #234018 - 12/27/05 08:24 PM
junevarn

Reged: 12/14/04

I am scheduled for an endoscopy in January. Has anyone here had one? They want to check out my stomach I guess because of all the nausea I get.

Hope you all are doing well.
Thanks,
June

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Yep! new
      #234042 - 12/28/05 06:36 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I had on in November and I have A LOT of nausea, too. He found a hiatal hernia and reflux but nothing else. I didn't test positive for any antibiodies, either. So, I'm not lactose or gluten intolerant. I just have a hiatal hernia.

I had both my endoscopy and colonoscopy on the same day, so they hooked me up to an IV and knocked my butt out, completely. I wasn't awake for any of it, THANK GOD!! Little sore throat afterwards.....but it wasn't bad. I was MORE SORE from the colonoscopy. I could feel all the spots where they took biopsies. I my insides felt like hamburger for a little while.

Good Luck!!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Endoscopy new
      #234075 - 12/28/05 08:56 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Yeah I 've had 2. The procedure isn't bad, they'll spray your throat with this stuff that makes it go numb & then they knock you out! I had alot nasea too, but they didn't find anything wrong with me, so I guess it's because I need to eat more, so now when I get nasous, I eat & it's helped it quite a bit. The only bad thing I exerienced afterwords was I got sick, like I couldn't hold down water sick. I got over it the next day, I guess I was just allergic to the anisthenic. Not to scare you or anything, you'll probably be fine!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 42 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1607

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review