Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS-C Need Help Losing Extra Weight!
      #233767 - 12/25/05 11:09 PM
Manda

Reged: 12/25/05
Loc: Ontario Canada

Hey Everyone!

I'm new to the boards, but this is my last hope! I've had IBS-C for almost 3 yrs now, and have gained about 40 Lb's in the past yr and a half! I'm pretty discouraged! None of my clothes fit, I feel so sick, and unhealthy, yet no matter what I try, I can't lose a pound! I have, for the past 8 months resorted to wearing sweatpants and baggy sweatshirts everywhere, as that's the only thing I can tolerate being in comfortably, but yet feel like a total slob!! I need help! I don't know where to start, what to do! I'm not getting any support at all from family friends or even my doctor!!! I'll take any suggestions at this point!

--------------------
"And This Too Shall Pass!"

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome, Manda! new
      #233801 - 12/26/05 09:30 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Welcome, Manda!

One tool that I find helpful is logging calorie/food intake daily with Fitday.com I think awareness of energetic input is key to weight management. Being conscious of portion sizes helps, too. Figuring out what your habit triggers/challenges are & staying conscious of how & what you are eating provides valuable clues.

Best wishes.
Kate, IBS-D.

Re: IBS-C Need Help Losing Extra Weight! new
      #233805 - 12/26/05 10:04 AM
karenleslie

Reged: 11/13/05
Loc: San Francisco, CA

We will always be here to support you. When you pick the right plan for you we'll help you stick to it!

Lots of love and support.

And welcome!

p.s. I am not sure if you have started following Heather's diet guidelines yet. But just doing that made me start losing weight, because it is such a healthy low-fat diet.
Read over Heather's IBS diet tenets on this site and I also strongly recommend getting her book "Eating for IBS", it has helped me so much.

--------------------
Karen

IBS-A

Re: IBS-C Need Help Losing Extra Weight! new
      #233810 - 12/26/05 11:45 AM
Manda

Thanks for the welcome! I just don't really know where to begin to find a program that works! I find IBS extremely frustrating. Just when I think I have a sort of handle on it, the foods that didn't trigger start to trigger...I don't know what to eat, or what not to!

--------------------

Re: Hey, Manda! new
      #233815 - 12/26/05 12:24 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Welcome to the boards!

I know how frustrating it can be to find a food that works then it starts NOT to work anymore!! I was like that with oatmeal!! I used to eat oatmeal ALL THE TIME and now I can't eat it anymore. SO, now my safe food is potatoes.

Just stick to safe stuff on Heather's cheat sheet and you'll find something that works for you!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Thanks! new
      #233826 - 12/26/05 01:36 PM
Manda

Thanks Michelle for the Cheat Sheet info...I didn't realize there was one on here! VERY Helpful!

--------------------

Re: OH, yea! I have one on my Fridge!! It's Awesome! ~nt~ new
      #233827 - 12/26/05 01:38 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Welcome, Manda! new
      #233854 - 12/26/05 03:49 PM
Manda

Thanks so much! Is fitday.com a free thing? I've never heard of it? What sort of Calories should I start out with if I want to lose weight....I'm clueless about this stuff, as I've never had to do this before!

--------------------

#233861 - 12/26/05 05:31 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Yes, fitday.com is FREE! It's a fast/simple way of counting calories. Just input whatever you consume & the program calculates your energetic intake. The first step, I believe, in effective weight management is KNOWING THE NUMBERS, the data. One cannot do this unless one does the honest MATH re: food intake & corresponding caloric value.

It is up to you to decide how to reduce calories & modify your behaviour. Also, exercise helps weightloss as well as increasing muscle tone & aerobic capacity.

Read Shell Marr's Story and be inspired. It is the first note at the top of the Lifestyle & Fitness Board.

Kate.

#233878 - 12/26/05 08:39 PM
franny

Reged: 05/16/05
Loc: N. FL

Welcome Manda.. When I began Heather's eating program I lost weight pretty fast. I still have plenty to lose though. The nutritionist at our local hospital told me to multiply the weight I want to be (130 x 12=1560cals)by 12 to get my calorie count. I keep my daily fat grams around 20-25%. But really the biggest thing is following Heather's books and journaling everything I eat. Good luck.

--------------------
Franny
IBS/D
Celiac

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 209 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3093

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review