All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Shell Marr- Diet and Exercise Assistant?
      #222383 - 10/31/05 08:48 PM
budahbelly

Reged: 10/26/05
Loc: Virginia

Hi Shell Marr,
I was reading your story (amazing, by the way-congratulations on your sucess!) and I noticed you said you use Diet and Exercise Assistant. I looked it up online but thought it'd be more helpful to hear it from someone who actually uses it. Do you like it? Is it especially complicated or time consuming to use? (Though even if is it ould be worth it to me) I'm in college and i'm always short on time it seems.
I exercise tons, and have always watched what i eat (low fat, lots of fruits and veggies), but recently have not been able to lose the weight i'd like to. I did South Beach for a little while which definitly worked, but as you can imagine (this was before I knew of this site and its recommendations) my IBS went haywire and i had to stop . Since then i've gained that weight back , especially since having recently started Heathers diet (I guess since its based on things I had been avoiding, which had helpd me to lose weight). I really became less hungry while on South beach, but now i'm back to eating stuff that leaves me hungry for more later(apparently carbs really affect me that way), just by nature of the IBS diet, and I'm really worried that I'll just keep gaining more . But i see from you that it is possible to lose weight on this diet, and that is very reassuring. So basically i want to make sure that I'm doing this diet in the best way to lose weight, and it sounds like that diet and exercise assistant would be helpful in giving me some guidance.

Also, do you have any suggestions in terms of specific IBS-safe foods/meals that have been helpful in your weight loss efforts?

Sorry for the novel, but you are obviously wise and experienced with this and I would really appreciate your pointers- Thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

bump fpr Shell- she is really busy right now n/t new
      #222387 - 10/31/05 09:08 PM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: bump fpr Shell- she is really busy right now n/t new
      #222427 - 11/01/05 07:15 AM
budahbelly

"bump?" is that you? I understand she's busy- ill just wait to see when she gets a chance to answer.

If anyone else has any tips, like good IBS-safe foods/meals helpful for weight loss efforts I'd really appreciate them!
Thanks!

no it means I am bumping up the post, keeping it at the top for you so she sees it n/t new
      #222500 - 11/01/05 09:39 AM
Betharoo

Reged: 01/28/05
Loc: Ontario, Canada

--------------------
Microscopic Colitis, IBS-A, GERD, Hiatal Hernia
Bethany, Ontario, Canada

Re: no it means I am bumping up the post, keeping it at the top for you so she sees it n/t new
      #222529 - 11/01/05 10:52 AM
budahbelly

Oh, thanks a lot!

Re: Shell Marr- Diet and Exercise Assistant? new
      #222665 - 11/01/05 09:56 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

I let Shell know about your post and she will get back to you...She's really busy right now taking care of her mom who just had knee replacement surgery. This she has to do after work so is getting very little sleep.
Please be patient...ok? She won't disappoint you...she is one of the most caring people I know towards everyone!
Kandee

--------------------

#222709 - 11/02/05 08:39 AM
budahbelly

Hi,
I totally understand about being busy! I would definitly like to hear from her whenever she can (or from anyone who has some suggestions), and thank you for letting her know!

#224433 - 11/11/05 05:45 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

bump for myself..... I WILL get to this.... off to the gym now and then I get to pick up my honey at the airport!! wwwooohhhooo busy weekend too... packing grandma.....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Not Shell, but... new
      #224700 - 11/13/05 08:33 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

I use the same Diet and Exercise program that Shell uses (she recommended it to me) so I have a little insight if it would help!
I don't find it very complicated at all. Or time consuming. One of the things that I find most helpful is that you can add in your own foods.
I made myself a folder called "My Foods" and have different categories of stuff that I eat really regularly that isn't already in the database. Like, I put the kind of bread that I use 'cause different breads have so many different nutritional information items, and "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Light" and stuff like that.
So I guess PUTTING the foods in takes a bit of time, but then it's really easy to just click 'em in every day that you eat them!
The other part has how many calories you burn doing certain activities, and you can also input your own exercise. Like, when I elliptical the machine tells me how many calories I burned and I can put that number in to be exact, rather than use the default.

Another cool thing is the charts -- you can put in your weight on a weekly basis, and watch your progess on the chart... hopefully watch the line going down if you want to lose weight!

Anyway, I think it is a pretty good program and totally worth it if you really want to properly chart your food intake and exercise and everything.

Another thing -- If carbs are leaving you hungry (which does happen for some people, especially if you are exercising) then it might be that you need more protein. Try adding in safe protien, grilled chicken or fish, into your meals and see if they help you feel fuller for longer. There are also carbs that seem worse than others for some people -- potatoes for example are a lot of sugar, and might be harder to burn off than other carbs.

I also see that you are asking about meals -- have a look back at old posts of Shell's, she used to post all her meals for every day a few months back, and you'll be able to see different days of what she used to have for all her meals, to give you some ideas if you want to follow in her footsteps.

Anyway, good luck and I hope this helps. Shell really is super busy, I know she'll get back to you if she gets time if her crazy schedule.

Cheers,
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#235338 - 01/03/06 07:41 AM
Saveena

Reged: 11/22/04
Loc: Texas

Did you ever get a list of helpfull IBS weight loss foods?

--------------------
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, because you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 589 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4104

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review