All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 9/17/05
      #214054 - 09/17/05 04:52 PM
jaime g

Reged: 07/27/05
Loc: new york city

posting this now (shell, hope it's a crazy awesome weekend that's taken you away for the moment ) so i stick to it.

plain bagel

slice of rye toast
luna bar
1/2 c apple sauce
1 c soy milk
teddy grahams

3 oz tofu salad (like fake chicken salad but not as good)
2 slices white toast
1 piece dried mango
1/3 c raspberry sorbet
smartpop kettle corn

1450. and that's it for the day, and night, except for carrots and/or berries, should i get hungry, which, after two bowls of popcorn, i doubt. saturdays are hardest, because i work at the museum which means i can't eat as often as i can at my during-the-week desk job. it turns into fewer meals, larger meals, than i like.

walked to work today (30 mins) but after standing for 8 hours, not up for the gym. there'll be some more walking around tonight. and speaking of tonight, time to go get ready. jaime going to a party - who'd've thunk!

--------------------
jaime
ibs-a (mostly d) // vegetarian

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 9/17/05 new
      #214064 - 09/17/05 06:40 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Still in BARF mode. (Yes, I think it's coming to that) Human-cat food. Eeek. Oh well...at least I eat and I feel strong. My bones, especially my back feel stronger, so the protein upgrade must be doing something. The fact that I feel good makes me want to continue.

I'm going to stop calorie counting, though. It's a tad obsessive. I know I'm eating about a 100g protein, daily, from assorted sources and maximizing my nutrition.

Here's what I consumed, today:

--1 c. egg whites (with spinach/dill filling)***super yum***
--4 oz. tuna
--2 large salads --(a.) red leaf lettuce with zucchini and green bean/herb puree (don't laugh, but those green beans are really good and totally tummy friendly for me, pureed! The use of fresh ingredients and herbs makes a huge difference)--(b.) iceburg lettuce, acid free seedless tomatoe (yellow), english cucumber, mushrooms, red onion, broccoli puree. (I needed a rainbow dinner.)
--'creamy' broccoli soup ***lol, broccoli on special everywhere this week!*** Certain veggies help absorb tryptophan. I get soup cravings at night.
That's all for now.

I find the veggies help me assimilate the protein without indigestion/reflux/bile.

I had fun at the market, this morning. Those seedless tomatoes are amazing! No acid, no reflux! Wow. Talk about lypocene withdrawl.

I purchased some chicken liver to satisfy my creepy craving should it arise. I'm content, ecstatic with the egg whites and the fish. Body is just humming along. This is so awesome. I know this way of eating is radically different from Heather's, however, this is what makes me feel good for right now. Oddly, I have less D and cramping.

Kate.

Edited by Wind (09/18/05 04:31 AM)

Kate new
      #214066 - 09/17/05 07:31 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Glad to hear you're doing so well! I don't know how different your way of eating is from Heather's--other than you don't eat grains. You're eating healthy and everything you describe sound delicious! Have you thought about eating sardines too? Yum!

Did I ever tell you about my 4 lb can of tuna? My dad gave it to me as a gift! Yes, I like tuna, but I don't love it!

Re: REPORTING IN - 9/17/05 new
      #214083 - 09/17/05 09:18 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Thanks Jamie.... yes, Shane's parents came into town without much notice... got home from the gym, showered, and there they were...that was 11:30am... we JUST got home at 9am... had a GREAT day!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Re: Maria!Maria! new
      #214091 - 09/18/05 04:41 AM
Wind

Hmmm...I used to love sardines. Thanks for the suggestion. That's one huge can of tuna!

What people don't understand is that I actually do eat a ton of sf! It's nothing for me to eat 4 c. of zucchini or mushrooms. I love beets and carrots. Squashes are more of a winter thing. And then I have my applesauce streaks, and phases where I'm going bananas, etc. My sources of SF are simple less conventional. Also, I take an SF supplement.

Sardines with beets would be really good, maybe wrapped in in a couple leaves of lettuce and an asparagus spear, or with beets and asparagus sauce.

Kate.

Kate, what SF supplement do you take? new
      #214104 - 09/18/05 08:18 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I thought you said in another post that you had given up on SF supplements because they didn't agree with you.

Have you found one that is tolerable? Please share! I need to find one that my body likes. I would greatly, greatly appreciate any recomendations.

Thanks

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Is zucchini an SF veggie?-nt new
      #214125 - 09/18/05 10:35 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Kate, what SF supplement do you take? new
      #214135 - 09/18/05 11:49 AM
Wind

I'm taking Prodiem caps. and they actually agree with me.

Kate.

Re: Is zucchini an SF veggie?-nt new
      #214140 - 09/18/05 12:04 PM
Wind

The skin isn't, but otherwise, it is an SF veggie. Usually, there isn't much skin to think about. (Zucchini is actually a fruit. I always think of them as kind of like bananas, though
less sweet.)

A great high fiber combo is spinach and zucchini--they're wicked blended together with herbs. Spice it up at your own discretion! Zucchini and beets are rather complimentary as well. Often, I'll use it as a vegetable type of faux-spaghetti--peeling it in strands/strings. It's great as a type of 'hash.' I've also used it as a type of lasagne noodle. Sometimes I make what I call better than bacon with zucchini. I just cut it in long thin strips and broil it on a pam sprayed cookie sheet. Instead of scalloped potatoes, I make scalloped zucchini. I make zucchini fries verses french fries. It's a great sauce thickener.

It's fun to play with knives and veg. cutters/peelers.

Kate.

REPORTING IN - 9/17/05 new
      #214146 - 09/18/05 12:23 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi ya'll!

Activities: At the gym - 35 minutes on the elliptical, 40 minutes with weights/situps and 12 minutes on the bike = 610 calories burned.
At home - Spent about 2 hours cleaning the bathroom/kitchen and then I made two huge pots of vegetable soup which took friggin' ages! I dunno if I burned any calories, but I was exhausted by the end of the day!

Breakfast: Luna Bar = 180 calories

Snack: Apple Bar and Blended Strawberry drink at Starbucks = ??? calories. Probably quite a lot.

Lunch: Missed lunch as it took way longer than I thought to do the soup stuff as Adrian had to take the dog out and I was left to do it solo. Bad Stephanie.

Dinner: Indian Food - Basmati Rice, piece of Naan bread and Chicken Tika (not Masala!) (just the grilled chicken breast on skewers, no sauce) = I dunno, 400 calories probably?

After dinner: Tea, small piece of chocolate, half a glass of 7-up (probably less, didn't realise how much I hate 7-up)= 200? calories.

Will start trying to be more accurate with calories.

Note: I start my new job tomorrow, so we'll see how well I do at going to the gym and keeping to a good diet once I get back to 8 hour days again. If I were to guess, I'd say my diet will improve (ie. I won't skip meals as often) but my exercise will be a lot harder to maintain. We'll see!!
Next Sunday I am supposed to get my body comp done, but now i have to take Adrian out to the eye doctor as he will have had lasik the day before so I will have to change my appointment.

Cheers!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3513

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review