Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
i think i need a hug
      #207175 - 08/21/05 10:49 AM
little bear

Reged: 12/22/04
Loc: chicago

HI GUYS--
im feeling a little blue i was really in the mood to buy some new jeans yesterday [b/c i felt so inspired by the styles i saw in europe] so i found all these great pairs @ kohls, faded and dark, some with holes and patterns--but, they were cute!! i picked out my reg.size that my current pants are [1 & 3] give-or-take for different brands..and none of them fit good at all! they either "just fit" or look funny in certain places. i found another pair of jeans in a 3 but took a 5 just in case for bagginess--and i actually bought the 5!! they dont fit perfect, kind-of lose in the waist but if i wash them alot theyll shrink and fit right?? thats more why i bought them. i keep hoping ill magically lose weight so i want to hold onto all my small clothes. i keep saying "soon i can wear that..soon soon blah blah" since i was in europe i decided to just let my body heal itself and to not worry so much about what oil i use and etc. i know *for sure* i overdid it alot on those yummy waffle cookies so i wasnt shocked that i *would've* gained a few. even the housekeeper asked if i gained 2 lbs while away! but when i weighed myself, the numbers didnt even break 100--and i reweighed today and still no change. i dont get it? i feel sad about my pants and b/c i can see a slight change in the mirror but why is the scale being a nar? its one of those step-on-and-weigh scales so its not off or anything.
maybe i shouldnt be posting this, complaining and such when a 5 is a good size--it was just too fast for me. and now im afraid i cant break my junkfood-cookie habit. im gonna buy a gym membership since im still "on vacation" from work and have the time but im afraid ill give up too soon does anyone have some comfort or encouragement?? thanks guys.

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

www.myspace.com/dutchflowers

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: i think i need a hug new
      #207179 - 08/21/05 11:06 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

Sizing is weird and not standard at all! I've got jeans and shorts in my drawer that vary from size 4-7 depending on the brand/store, and all of them fit me. I wouldn't worry about the size number on the tag, just worry about it fitting and you liking it!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

#207181 - 08/21/05 11:14 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Don't worry about posting about it...if it upset you than it's important! Regardless of how small you are! I agree with what melitami said...sizes are so ridiculous, you really can't rely on them. I once bought a pant suit where the pants were a 7/8 (I could MAYBE have gone down one size smaller) and the matching jacket was an XS. That doesn't make much sense.

The alternative is could it maybe just be bloating? You could potentially be bloating a bit without actually gaining numbers of the scale. Just a thought

Hang in there, and if you do join a gym, we can help you stick with it!
Kelly

#207190 - 08/21/05 11:53 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I send you tons of hugs, Ashley.

Honestly--size five isn't anything to sneeze at!

Perhaps you are setting yourself up for disappointment with such "great expectations" for an ultra thin, "Twiggy" body?

There's more to life than obsessing on being a stick. Do you have hobbies? Friends? Family? Educational goals?

I'm not trying to sound hyper-critical, but it seems to me that you'd get a lot further without being so psychologically hard on your body. You might even drop a size.

How tall are you, by the way?

Take care and be kind to yourself--and that means healthy food, exercise/activity, fun, and CULITIVATING SELF-ESTEEM and personal empowerment.

Kate.

Re: My closet is the same way, Melitami! new
      #207192 - 08/21/05 11:58 AM
Wind

Melissa:

I think we have matching closets/drawers! I agree completely--different designers/stores size differently!
It's about fit, comfort, personal style! The number on the tag is just a guide to save time trying on a zillion outfits. I'm in hell trying to find tops for my long skinny arms.

Kate.

#207205 - 08/21/05 01:04 PM
little bear

thanks kate--
im 5'3" i feel like i must focus on it b/c when im not, its somewhere else in the world and it somehow finds me! i guess when i start to forget about focusing on weight, i see an article in a tabloid and hear something on TV about who in hollywood is anorexic and it just really gets under my skin. im constantly focusing on who's thinner then me that it drives me not actually eat more i know of a very healthy diet but i guess i find it easier to eat more bread-like food?? but anyway,

thanks for the hug and the advice! i will stay healthy i just want to do more you know?

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

#207206 - 08/21/05 01:08 PM
little bear

wow thanks kelly! that was so sweet!

you know i just got back from europe on thursday and bought the pants yesterday but now noticed that i had been pretty bloated since boarding my plane. could that be it?? i think ill post this Q in the diet board as well~

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

#207210 - 08/21/05 01:10 PM
little bear

thanks! thats so goofy about brands and how their sizes are so different from other brands with the same sizes! i think at one point i had 3 pairs of "favorite pants" and each one was a different size--haha bye!

--------------------
VEGAN ASHLEY~IBS/C

Re: Little Bear new
      #207227 - 08/21/05 02:44 PM
Wind

Ashley,

Honestly, less than a hundred pounds is a little too thin for someone that is five foot three inches in height. You need tons of ENERGY to be happy, vivacious, creative, psychologically secure, fun kind of person that you are!

I have bread problems and do better with lots of sf veggies, personally. Also, I'm seeing my MD tomorrow for new stomach
prescription advice/tests. Thank goodness she's amazing and attentive.

Welcome back from Croatia, by the way.

Kate.

Re: Little Bear new
      #207228 - 08/21/05 03:03 PM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

I agree, less than 100 lbs for 5'3" is really thin. I'm 5'4", and I'm about 108lbs, and I know I'm the lowest I can be to be at a healthy weight according to my doctor. I have problems gaining weight though. So, Ashley honey, it wouldn't be a bad thing if you put on a few pounds!

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 213 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3313

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review