Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
Thanks Cheree -- One workout question re:Weights new
      #206179 - 08/17/05 11:20 AM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,

Thanks for your response, that does make a lot of sense. I have been trying to get my body out of 'starvation mode' or whatever that's called, and I guess I am having a hard time finding enough HEALTHY foods to eat (like, I could easily up my calories on sugar, sugar, sugar!) more often.

My one question right now is: I went to the gym and the woman there gave me a program to do where I do one of those circuits around the weight machines. There are 11 machines, I think.. and I am to go around it twice. She said to lose the weight I want to lose, I should be doing it at least 3 times a week. My question is: The first time I did it was on Saturday. I just did cardio Sunday, and then planned to do the circuit again on Monday... when Monday rolled around, though, my legs were fine but my arms and chest and stuff were still SO SORE. If they are still that sore, am I right in thinking I should give them another day off?
I am just worried that if this always happens, I won't be able to get my 3 times a week in properly..
I am still doing cardio, but she said that the best way to speed up metabolism is to build lean mass... or something... and to do that by weight training.

Thanks!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Question regarding hormones...(if I may jump in) new
      #206181 - 08/17/05 11:25 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Fitchick,

I saw your message regarding stress and the body building up a hormone that encourages fat to build around your abdomen...I assume you're referring to Cortisol? I'm actually having a huge problem with that...the doctors say it's just from stress but I'm not 100% sure, my cortisol levels are off the charts! The normal range here is 90-540 and my last count was 922. Do you think that could make a signifigant difference? Is it still worth it to be working out?

Thanks,
Kelly

Re: Question regarding hormones...(if I may jump in) new
      #206192 - 08/17/05 12:50 PM
Fitchick

Reged: 07/20/05
Loc: Naples, FL USA

Of course you should keep working out. Working out makes you feel better about yourself so it is a stress reliever. Plus if you loose body fat you loose it from the tip of you nose to the bottom of you toes, so you will be able to loose some weight. Don't give up on working out, if not cosmetic it has so many other benefits for you body especially if you're prone to getting sick. I don't really believe in any kind of diet pill, but I heard relacore works really well for lowering coritsol levels. I have the same problem when I get stressed out there is a significant difference in my stomach, but if I work hard I can still get a six-pack because my body fat % levels are low. So my answer is yes it is worth working out because you can defiantly still have improvements.

Re: Thanks Cheree -- One workout question re:Weights new
      #206195 - 08/17/05 12:59 PM
Fitchick

Reged: 07/20/05
Loc: Naples, FL USA

Start with twice a week but continue doing cardio on the other days. Once you body gets rid of the lactic acid (what makes you sore), you wont be so sore after a workout. Then you can move it up to three. Remember less is sometimes more. You can always stretch and do abs on that third day also. Don't feel bad because you are only doing it twice a week, I start all my clients at twice a week. One I don't want them to get injured, two I don't want them to be so sore they end up hating the gym, especially for a beginner your body can only get stronger and better if you let it rest. You will know when you are ready to move up to three days.

Cheree

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 230 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5277

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review