All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS AND EXERCISE
      #198992 - 07/24/05 04:10 PM
scarletsoleil

Reged: 06/07/05

i workout 5 days a week (cardio and weightlifting), drink PLENTY of H2O, and eat healthy, and take fiber supplements. especially i always heard exercise is great for IBS. how come i am doing all the right things but i still see no improvement in my symptoms. its frustrating b/c i am severely underweight and am training to gain weight, but then i get so frustrated with food b/c i cannot consume the amounts to gain because my symptoms halt my progression. please someone help me understand this.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS AND EXERCISE new
      #199068 - 07/25/05 10:59 AM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

When you say you "eat healthy and take fiber supplements" - are you following the diet on this site? That would definitely be the first place to start controllling your sypmtoms, before exercise (don't stop exercising though - that's great!)

How much cardio are you doing? That could *really* be holding you back for trying to gain weight if you are doing too much. How severely underweight are you, and how much are you eating? (i.e. calories?)

#199078 - 07/25/05 11:11 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Are you getting enough calories?

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#200515 - 07/28/05 12:53 PM
scarletsoleil

Reged: 06/07/05

well, im 5'1" and weigh about 85 lbs. i do not overdo cardio. only 1.5 hours(total) per week. and i try to eat around 2000 calories per day. but mostly my concern was that why are my symptoms not improving. i try heathers diet, but only seems to exacerbate things. i spent over $100 of my hard earned money on her products and book. i am highly disappointed in everything.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1382

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review