All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Does this board have a moderator?
      #195641 - 07/14/05 12:07 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

I would be interested in getting feedback on my diet, but wasn't sure if the intent of the board is to make sure my diet is IBS safe...or if it is more an excerise board.

Would a moderator or someone be able to tell me if I am eating safely? Is there someone in charge? Sorry, but I'm not sure what this board is for.

Thanks all!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Does this board have a moderator? new
      #195646 - 07/14/05 12:18 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Sorry sweetie.... that would be me...and I've just been so busy!! I will go check out your posts now. There are others here on this board that can give feedback as well. I will be out of town Friday-Sunday.

Oh, and if your intent is just to make sure you are eating IBS safe, then you might want to be posting on the IBS Diet board

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#195647 - 07/14/05 12:22 PM
Shell Marr

OK, well....you have not been "reporting in" so I guess I did not miss any of your posts....hehehe (wiping sweat off brow).....

--------------------

#195655 - 07/14/05 12:33 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Cyndy. From reading the description of this board on the main message board page, I took it to mean that it's to promote living healthily while on IBS--diet, exercise, lifestyle changes. I'm trying to gain weight and I feel that keeping track of what I'm eating here helps me not only stay IBS safe but also encourages me to eat more. Seeing what others are eating on a daily basis gives me ideas and the nerve to try new things (that are IBS safe, of course!). Eventually, I would like to start an exercise regimen, but I was so sick for such a long time that I'm building up to it very slowly.

Shell's the moderator and very helpful when you have a question or need some encouragement, but as she mentioned she's been extremely busy. (If you look at early posts, when she wasn't as busy, you'll see how involved she is.) I think like the other boards, we're all here to help each other out as necessary.

Nope, not yet! new
      #195662 - 07/14/05 12:44 PM
Cyndy

I was just thinking about doing it. Don't sweat it! And have a good weekend Shell!

Thanks Maria new
      #195668 - 07/14/05 12:49 PM
Cyndy

Yeah, I see from earlier posts that more people were reporting in and that Shell was great for feedback. I hope she comes back after she isn't so busy. I would love to see her diet as well.

I want to use the board like you...to get the nerve to try some new foods and get ideas. I have no idea if my diet is IBS friendly. Maybe I'll post on the eating board instead?

EEkkk...lol new
      #195676 - 07/14/05 12:56 PM
Shell Marr

I did report in 7/8 & 7/9 I'll be back full time soon... I THINK we might be putting off this whole condo buying thing for a while, but we would still then have to move into a 2 bedroom...we are so cramped! Then I'm also now in charge of planning a potluck for a group of about 40+ people from the gym... and then there is Fall Sprawl that I'm involved in too. We also have our anniversary trip the 1st week in Sept to finish planning. Not to mention my full time job and spending 90+ minutes at the gym 6 days a week......eeeeeekkkkkkkk!! LOL I love being buzy but sometimes.......I just wanna yell at the top of my lungs.....LOL

--------------------

Suggestion... new
      #195710 - 07/14/05 01:51 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

...if your questions are purely about whether your diet is IBS safe and friendly, post them on the EFI board. If you're more concerned about getting specific nutrients or losing/gaining weight, then post them here.

And like with all the other forums, there's alot more people to respond than just the moderators! If you say in your post or the subject line that you'd like feedback/advice, then people will chip in.

Shell, what happened with the condo? new
      #195821 - 07/14/05 07:04 PM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Remember the prices will only be much higher in another year! I'm totally out of luck as I have been outpriced this year and will only have a larger gap between my income and the cost of a place in another year.

If you rent another place, you'll be tied into a lease, most likely...and if something does come up, and you break your lease, you'll lose your security deposit.

If you are decide to go into a 2 bedroom apt, maybe you could just move to a 2 bedroom in the same complex? That way you wouldn't have the hassle of looking around and moving your stuff a long distance. Movers are so expensive.

Just some thoughts from one frustrated realty looker to another!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Shell, what happened with the condo? new
      #195847 - 07/14/05 10:29 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Remember the prices will only be much higher in another year! I'm totally out of luck as I have been outpriced this year and will only have a larger gap between my income and the cost of a place in another year. There is a good chance we MIGHT put in aother bid on that one we walked away from last time....but we will go in even lower this time... it has been on the market now for 6 weeks and has not sold.... so they just might take our offer this time!?!?!?

If you rent another place, you'll be tied into a lease, most likely...and if something does come up, and you break your lease, you'll lose your security deposit.

If you are decide to go into a 2 bedroom apt, maybe you could just move to a 2 bedroom in the same complex? Yes, it would be in the same complex and we would stay "month to month" as we are now. That way you wouldn't have the hassle of looking around and moving your stuff a long distance. Movers are so expensive.

Just some thoughts from one frustrated realty looker to another! thanks!!

--------------------

Why did you decide not to take it the first time? new
      #196031 - 07/15/05 10:58 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Sorry, but I couldn't keep up with the other thread, so I'm out of the loop! Don't you worry about the prices being so much higher next year? I sure am,,,but not ready to do it yet...so I would love your opinion on the whole deal..I know this is the wrong board...but the other thread is too long to read all through to find an appropriate place to post this question!

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Why did you decide not to take it the first time? new
      #196056 - 07/15/05 11:27 AM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Sorry, but I couldn't keep up with the other thread, so I'm out of the loop! Don't you worry about the prices being so much higher next year? Yes, very much so... heck one place that we looked at 3-4 weeks ago...asking price was $179,000 now it is $209,000... I sure am,,,but not ready to do it yet...so I would love your opinion on the whole deal..I know this is the wrong board...but the other thread is too long to read all through to find an appropriate place to post this question!

Why did you decide not to take it the first time? Well, we originaly were going to go in $3000 under asking and have them pay the closing cost (approx $6000)... But when we signed we went in at asking price instead of $3000 under in hopes of them taking it and not countering....we just wanted it!! So, then when they countered and said they were only going to pay 1/2 the closing...we walked... that was $6000 more then Shane & I had agreeded (to each other) that we would pay.

So, if it is still on the market later this month or maybe the 1st of the month then we will put in another offer (lower then our last) and ask for 100% closing to be covered. They can take it or leave it.... it is a great "starter" for us....we could live there even 5 years and make some money and get into something else later..... we will see.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 98 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3198

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review