All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 7/7/05
      #192495 - 07/06/05 08:50 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 7/7 here....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 7/7/05 new
      #193070 - 07/07/05 07:05 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Still not enough. Aaaaaarrghhh. I'm seriously considering adding more "processed" foods and some healthy corruption. I'm at a loss re: filling in the caloric blanks and the suggestion re: baking is beginning to appeal. I must deliberate re: egg white addition or replacement.

In random order and usual hobbit style:

--applesauce, 1/2 c. (x2)
--organic new potatoes, 3/4 c. (steamed in the microwave ultra-fast with parsley and watercress and zucchini and a little french lavender, then WIZZED.)***purple potatoe would have been yummier, but not available yet!***felt soupy!
--whipped asparagus, herbs de provence
--2 cups spaghetti squash, Whipped with a little added stock (felt really bland)
--1/2 c. raspberry puree swirled into the spaghetti squash soup with lemon and dijon and a hint of balsalmic vinegar
--spinach/zucchini green sauce. (I was just in the mood to see yellow and red and green--a traffic light veggie sundae/soup)

Later? More applesauce or raspberry-applesauce. Probably some saltines or rice crackers. I need to shop for some potentially safe snacky/junky foods.

#193090 - 07/07/05 08:43 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

B: oatmeal 375 7g
snacks: 2 bananas, luna 380 and 4.5
lunch: leftover rice noodles, capn crunch handful, mango, ice cream 400 and 7g
drink: gatorade 125
dinner: turkey bacon and blueberry pancakes 500 and 12g
Total: 1780 and 30.5g 15%
Exercise: 1 hour ball and weights and 10 min running
Other: took 2 pep caps and an immodium after dinner- too much bacon. Then I was fine, hopefully not C tomorrow!
Also dehydrated yesterday/this morning- need to drink more.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#193102 - 07/07/05 09:52 PM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Kate,

Can you have bananas? Polenta? Quinoa? Millet? Corn? These have loads of cals...just a thought! If you do not WANT to eat processed foods...there must be a way around it. But if you're ok with it...ENJOY!!!!

Love ya!

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#193103 - 07/07/05 09:55 PM
Snow for Sarala

1 large banana
2 slices polenta in tom. sauce
about 1/2 cup dried apricots
2 or 3 (don't remember!) jars babyfood with 8 pumpkin seeds each
about 1 oz. pasta with half an ounce mozz. cheese
a few bites bean dip (recipe courtesy Kate)
few bites spinach dip (variation Kate's recipe)
few bites homemade cole slaw

activity: coloring with colored pencils

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#193124 - 07/08/05 05:28 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Those things don't have loads of calories!!! The tyramine in bananas triggers major headaches and they give me fierce heartburn. I love corn!!! That's why I'm thinking of maybe baking some snacks for myself. Millet is too high in IF for me. Quinoa? Now there's something I haven't whipped up in awhile. I'm really craving YELLOW things lately. I was thinking, last night...I wonder if there's a recipe for Pink lemonade muffins or bread or "cake." Cranberry or raspberry Pink lemonade something...

Ruchie, please share the recipes new
      #193153 - 07/08/05 06:54 AM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

for bean dip and spinach dip!

What do you "dip" in it?

Re: Ruchie, please share the recipes new
      #193221 - 07/08/05 09:42 AM
Snow for Sarala

Bean dip:

Homemade pinto beans with basil and sea salt while cooking. In blender place beans and some water, a little lemon juice, ground mustard, fresh green onion, or whatever spices you like. I chopped (not blended!) in my blender. I will spread this on a rice cake, or perhaps on some egg whites. Or I might mix it with some guacamole and put it on a GF slice of bread. You can dip it with tortialla chips, pretzels, crackers, or even a veggie like carrot, celery, or zuccini. Whatever you fancy!

The spinach dip I will either eat as a cold soup or a dip for GF bread or over egg whites. Might be good on GF rice pasta as well. Again...if you decide to try it, when you taste it imagine what it will be delicious with! I go by taste/smell. I often take some veggies and place them in the blender with water and SMELL then TASTE. Thn I take out some spices and SMELL them to see if I think they will go well with the smell/taste I just experienced!

Let me know how it goes for you *hugs*

Love,
Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#193240 - 07/08/05 10:47 AM
Cyndy

Are the beans canned? what does "homemade" bean mean?

And you didn't give the recipe for the spinach dip! I still don't know how to make it.

What brand rice cakes and GF bread do you recommend? I'm looking for both these as I am not happy with the ones I currently eat. Any suggestions or recipes?

Finally, do you dip raw carrots and veggies or do I cook them?

Thanks Ruchie!

#193297 - 07/08/05 12:37 PM
Snow for Sarala

Hi Cyndy,

I buy raw pinto beans and I soak them overnight and then cook them ALL DAY on low in crock pot. This makes them soft. I use some as they are and then half for the bean dip. In the crockpot I add salt, water and basil. Oh, and before you put them in the crockpot, make sure you rinse them several times so there is no dirt left over!

The spinach dip I made was posted in the Reporting in on July 4th.

I use Lundenberg rice cakeas as they are labeled GF. i use the Pizza/french bread mix by Gluten Free pantry as it is dairy free. I dont make any from scratch yet, so no recipes! The pizza I made this week from the mix was delicious! I put Hunt's tomato sauce (it's GF...the plain one), on top with some basil and then I used pre-boiled spaghetti squash as a topping. Almost tasted like cheese...the spaghetti sqaush! It was FANTASTIC!

Have a great weekend Cyndy *hugs*

Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#193353 - 07/08/05 02:15 PM
Cyndy

I have that bread mix! But the oil content seems way too high. Did you substitute any applesauce for part of it,,,or did you use all the oil it calls for?

Thanks so much. You are so nice.

#193364 - 07/08/05 03:03 PM
Snow for Sarala

You're too sweet Cyndy! *hugs*

I used all the oil. It was a bit much for my GERD that's for sure! I think it would be fine with half applesauce...but I've only made it once and like I said I used al the oil...so it would be your experiment 1st! It is expensive so I only buy it for a treat...so I don't know when I'll get to make some again? If you decide to try it half applesauce half oil, please let me know!!!!

I hope you have a YUMMY weekend *hugs*

Love ya,
Ruch

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#193519 - 07/08/05 10:15 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

pre-breakfast: Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, 1/2 Pop Tart (last one!)

snack: Crispix, 1 slice toast

work lunch/dinner: PB sandwich, chips, banana, Luna Bar

snack: Tofutti Cutie

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 84 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4117

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review