All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
hello
      #190466 - 06/30/05 07:05 AM
eniarnna

Reged: 06/30/05
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hello! My name is Raine and I just discovered this website yesterday as I was searching for an IBS diet. I have had irritable bowel for so long I dont remember not having it. I wasn't officially "diagnosed" until my teens and then I was given a prescription that did help but also happened to make me gain around 40 pounds (apparently this was a side effect I was never informed of). I recently graduated from college and during the ceremony I had a panic attack (which I tend to do when I realize I won't be able to reach the bathroom if need be) and this then triggered my IBS (such a vicious cycle). All DURING the ceremony, how awful!!!! This set me in full motion to finally get off my butt and fix this. I started exercising which is good but hasn't had any effect on my stomach. Now it's time for the diet and after 24 years of eating whatever I want, I have absolutely no idea where to start. I live with three people so how in the world do I go about having food in the house that will suit all of us? I'm really glad to be a part of this message board and look forward to hearing your oppinions!

--------------------
Raine
IBS-D

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: hello new
      #190618 - 06/30/05 12:22 PM
retrograde

Reged: 04/15/04

Hi Raine! Nice to meet you, and welcome! I'm so sorry to hear about your grad ceremony - that sucks!

This is a really great site for helping your IBS through diet. The message boards are great for support but you should start by reading through the diet section, which you can find here: that includes the fundamentals all the way to the specifics and it's absolutely priceless information for controlling my IBS and many others'. Also, when you go to the main page of the message boards, on the Eating for IBS board you'll see a list of links to familiarize yourself with (that list is here). Also be sure to familiarize yourself with the different categories of the boards. For example, this is the fitness and lifestyle board, while there are also the diet board, recipes board, living room board (where we just talk about life basically ) and others.

Again, welcome!

Edited by retrograde (06/30/05 12:23 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 961

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review