Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
reduced my jam/strawberry sauce and it is thick and canned whew- nt new
      #189631 - 06/27/05 04:51 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: reduced my jam/strawberry sauce and it is thick and canned whew- nt new
      #189670 - 06/27/05 06:37 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Hey Little Minnie,

I wish I could come over and eat your jam with a spoon. I like jam so much I'd eat a whole jar with a spoon. Indeed, I skip the bread and just eat the jam! When I was a kid, I used to eat pie filling and preserves all the time. And then, one day, I ate a jar that spoiled/fermented and did not feel very well! I found it in my grandmother's basement. It was one of those "foaming" batches that spoiled. Skip the crust and give me the guts and the goo.
I felt like Elaine in that Seinfeld episode with the Duke and Duchess of Windsor's ancient wedding cake. I'm glad you solved the jam problem. Doesn't the house smell heavenly when jam is happening? I can hardly wait until my grandmother's raspberry bushes EXPLODE. I'm not sure what's more fun, picking berries or mushrooms.

Congratulations and enjoy your jam.

thanks! new
      #189948 - 06/28/05 05:42 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I just saw that episode last week; it is one of my favs! My grandma also had those foaming jars here and there. Eeek. I am very careful when canning; I follow the rules to a T to be safe. My jam has so much sugar, are you sure you would eat it with a spoon?
I like picking everything. My gram (mentioned above) had a 200 acre veg farm. I would help in summer and pick acres of veggies. She had a berry farm when I was young and also fields of cantelope (she called mushmelons) which was my favorite fruit. The smell of raspberries reminds me of my other grandma. Well as it is I love being house mousy as DH calls it and canning and all that. I pick mushrooms too (in people's yards while meter reading!) and U pick asparagus. I love it all!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Little Minnie's Grandma's Garden new
      #190347 - 06/29/05 06:08 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I suspected you may need a fork to dig into that jam!

My grandmother has a beastly garden, too. I swear that's why she's eighty something and show's no sign of defeat by illness or life! It's not the vegetable farm scale of your grandma's, but it's still inspiring. Half of the garden is what I call "the salsa" (peppers, tomatoes, onions, cucumbers), the other half is the "jam." There's another area
where she grows potatoes, green beans, etc. She just lost another cherry tree; it's so sad! She's got vines of grapes and peach/pear/plum/apple trees. Melons don't do well in her garden.

I love going wild mushroom picking, too. Picking your own asparagus is fun, too. I think I eat everything before preservation would even be a thought!!!

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 416 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3339

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review