All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
little bear, I'm very worried about you
      #185670 - 06/11/05 08:43 AM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Please, please, PLEASE eat more. I read your daily postings and I don't believe I'd survive for 3 hours on what you eat for an entire day. I'm extremely busy - working full time and going to OU - but I manage to eat every 2 hours throughout the day. I am successful at this because I pack all my meals the night before and take them in a cooler with me.

Your metabolism may be fine now, but I promise you, at some point you are going to want to eat more, and you will have damaged your metabolism to the point where you will start gaining weight.

I'm concerned for your well-being - please don't take offense to this.

Hugs!
Elizabeth

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: little bear, I'm very worried about you new
      #185679 - 06/11/05 09:29 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Little bear, I know that eating what seems to be a normal quantity makes you feel bloated. I'm trying to up my intake and doing it in baby steps and dividing my "feeds"/"meals" into mini-meals and snacks or courses or whatever. You need to give yourself energy to be energetic and dynamic and healthy and strong and well. If I don't eat enough, I feel faint and weak and tired and just plain ill. Just start increasing things in small doses, i.e. by 1/4 cup or whatever! Keep that energy flowing! I think also with IBS,
we tend to burn things faster do to the decreased fat content of the diet. Can you maybe prep. some stuff in batches or so you have "leftovers" suitable for quick zap and go meals or something totally appropriate for when you're just too dang tired or hungry or busy? I do this all the time. With your busy life, I'm concerned, too.

Sorry, if I seem pushy. Just one vegan looking out for another! How's life, anyways?

Kate (Wind, IBS-D).

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 45 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 864

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review