All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 6/10/05
      #185311 - 06/09/05 10:21 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 6/10 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

finally got the nerve to weigh myself new
      #185330 - 06/10/05 05:02 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I lost 1 pound. So I am at 129 and need to lose 4 more before "mid summer" which I hope is June 30.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: finally got the nerve to weigh myself new
      #185594 - 06/10/05 04:04 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Ok real quick add up:
MOM, 2 banana, luna, sweet potato, fruit cup, junior mints, salad and baguette. around 1500 fat 22g 13%
Exercise: day off

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: REPORTING IN - 6/10/05 new
      #185627 - 06/10/05 08:41 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

pre-breakfast: Chocolate Peppermint Stick Luna Bar

breakfast: oatmeal, 1 slice toast

lunch #1: black bean dip, Tostitos chips

lunch #2: 1/2 PB sandwich, Tostitos chips

traffic jam/commute snack: Luna Bar

dinner: pasta w/ steamed veggies and soy parmesan

dessert: pureed canned peaches w/ cinnamon

snack: crackers

Re: REPORTING IN - 6/10/05 new
      #185681 - 06/11/05 09:44 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I think the heat is "zapping" me. A relatively decent food day, I suppose in relation to my zero activity level.

--1 c. puffed rice (with sea salt) **note: I have a sodium/choride deficiency and am instructed to use/consume tons of salt. This is medication related. But since switching to this topping on my cereal I feel physically and mentally infinitely better--decreased nausea and higher blood pressure.
--1.5 c. basmati rice (I promise I'll do a little rotation, tomorrow--maybe hit the market or something!)***also note that I divide this up into mini-meals, i.e. I find it hard to tummy more than 1/2-3/4 c. in a feed/mini-meal. So, this is spaced out through the day.
--puree of green beans and spinach
--puree of zucchini and spinach
--mesculn (or spring mix--whatever you want to call it)***not very much and cremini mushrooms
--rice crackers, 8

My tummy is getting used to a little more food. I feel much better having eliminated sprouts! I also feel much better with a quantity of salad that is neglible and non-existant.

Wind new
      #185696 - 06/11/05 11:13 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Do you still eat your dulse and sea veggies? Just wondering?

Also, when you eat puffed millet, do you eat it alone without a SF base? Isn't puffed millet IF?

Finally, have you found a puffed white rice cereal? All the brands I look at are brown puffed rice.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Wind new
      #185785 - 06/11/05 07:54 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

I haven't been eating the dulse, lately. It's too stimulating for my colon. Perhaps there is a co-relation with my sensitivity to anything with carrengenan? Both are sea veggies, one algae and the other Irish moss.

I switched to puffed rice cereal and seem to be okay with it. It's easier than the millet, so early in the day. I either eat the puffed rice (brown) or cream of white rice.
I'll try the puffed millet again in a few weeks, perhaps. I think a cup of puffed rice cereal would be the equivalent of about a quarter cup of brown rice cooked, so maybe it's the quantity that is the deciding factor. I just sprinkle sea salt on it. Most mornings, breakfast is revolting and my meds. make me feel nauseous/dizzy and the driest and plainest breakfast is all I can tummy. The smell of applesauce or bananas or fruit just makes me lurch these days.

Re: finally got the nerve to weigh myself new
      #185798 - 06/11/05 09:50 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Congrats!!!

You'll lose those other pounds in no time!

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 145 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2540

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review