All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

View all threads Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
REPORTING IN - 4/20/05
      #171665 - 04/19/05 10:04 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 4/20 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 4/20/05 new
      #171965 - 04/20/05 04:17 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Breakfast: porridge
Lunch: horrible tuna sandwich with corn pickle and lettuce
Snacks: Luna bar, 2 special K bars (I had the munchies)
Dinner:Tuna and pasta with tomato sauce and vegetables
Dessert: Soy yogurt
Treats (at cinema) 5 mini chocolate sweets, 86g marshmallow

Total calories consumed: 1811

Activities: walked to and from work- no gym as too tired but made myself walk home instead, but walked a lot slower home than I walk in the mornings. 224 burned

Sums:

BMR:2290 plus 224 activities minus 1811 foods = 703-500 for weight loss = 203 surplus , despite treats.

I seriously cut down on my carb portion today- I have been known to eat 700 calories worth of rice with dinner.

Feeling tired after all my gym work but staying on track.
Called into Boots Chemist on the way to the cinema and bought some low calorie treats to keep in my drawer at work so I don't stray towards bad things.

Tomorrow will be a big challenge- I am meeting a friend for lunch (will try to stick to bread and salad, I think the place we are going does smoked salmon and brown bread so I might try that) and I am meeting a different friend for dinner, we are going to a tapas bar...any suggestions what I can eat that will be OK and low cal?

Here's the menu any suggestions? I am thinking of going for the seafood- monkfish brochette and the potatoes with brava sauce...any comments on this?

--------------------
S.

#171992 - 04/20/05 05:38 PM
Shell Marr

I'm off to the gym now.... I'll report in later...but I have to confess...cuz it is driving me crazy...I cheated today.... and a double whammy at that...both bad for my diet and for my IBS.... but it's THAT time of the month...and I lost control.... the little bag was calling my name...."Shell, we are so cheesy and crunchy, and we can turn your fingers orange...take us with you, put us in your cart....you have not eaten lunch yet...it's not too late...you can eat us!!" Can you guess what I had?

--------------------

#171993 - 04/20/05 05:39 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Hmmm...I guess I haven't been eating enough, compared to you guys.

Okay, here goes.

Banana

1 c. puffed millet
strawberry puree (1 c. strawberries--pureed its only 1/2 c.)

smoothie--1 c. strawberries, 1 c. papaya, vanilla soy protein powder (2 scoops) (Strawberries are on sale here.)

Romaine lettuce. Half a sweet potatoe. Puree of asparagus (it tastes like baby food peas, on its own), celery, cilantro, a little seaweed, veggie stock, miso (2 tsp.), baby spinach. Alfalfa sprouts.

Applesauce cup

Carrot juice

More of that puree. (Asparagus is on sale here and I adore it. It's fun to funk up. My purees often turn into sauces for tofu or noodles/rice pasta/bread...green pizza sauces...etc.) Rice noodles (3/4 c) Mung bean and broccoli sprouts sauteed in veg. broth, with more cilantro...a little plain rice vinegar...some more romaine and a few mushrooms.

I'll probably have more...I got a deal on some gorgeous organic mangoes. So maybe some adulterated mango. But then
I've got a few perfect kiwis waiting to kiss me. Hmmm...too many options, but something simple. We'll see. I wasn't very active, today. Rain. Just a forty minute yoga class.
Oh...and a clean a thon. Yes...cleaning is exercise.

Lots of water, green tea in the a.m., rooibos, camomile vanilla. And I confess, one narly cup of coffee. It didn't sit too well. Sometimes, I just like to smell it. Some real cran juice in club soda with lemon. All this "aspara-grass" is bugging my kidneys.

#172003 - 04/20/05 06:34 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

Heh. Cheetos. They're deadly.

Me:

coffee- 1
sushi- 5
ufo- 3
pasta -9
ufo- 2

total: 20

No exercise- haven't been able to get to the gym lately, Eric hasn't been feeling well and I'm awfully tired too. Maybe tomorrow!

#172159 - 04/21/05 09:23 AM
Shell Marr

OK... here is my reporting in......
My BMR = 2083 + I burned 769 calories (75 minutes Circuit Train - 4 Sets of 20 Reps on each machine ,.... followed by 30 minutes on the Treadmill ) - 730 less calories to get to my goal = 2122 calorie food budget.

Breakfast (starting at 6am instead of 8:30-9am) : 195 calories cup Toasted Mini Bagel , 1/2 cup unsweetened Applesauce, 9 Scrambled Egg White (= 3 eggs) & Water

Snack: 180 calories Choc Peppermint Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 30 calories 16oz Tazo Decaf Chai Tea from Starbucks w/2 sugars

Snack: 50 calories 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack: 170 calories Toasted Nutz N Cranberry Luna Bar & Water

Snack: 50 calories 1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Snack: 158 calories I fell off the wagon.... 1oz Crunchy Cheetos & Water

Lunch (around 2:30pm is a normal time for me): 285 calories 3oz Mini Tuna w/Light Mayo and Pickle on 1 Sliced French Bread, 3oz Tuna w/Light Mayo (using my spoon, no pretzels today because I was already a BAD GIRL )& Water

Before Gym: 210 calories Soytein Energy Drink (Chocolate w/Vanilla Silk Soy Milk) & Water

At Gym: 0 calories just water

Dinner (between 8-8:30pm, after the gym): 470 calories 1 cup Green Beans, 1 cup Basmati Rice w/Rice Wine Vinegar, 4oz Atlantic Salmon....Heat small fry pan.... with Pam (I used Butter flavor), you could use olive oil, but that will add more fat and cals. Put 4oz Atlantic salmon in pan skin side up, cook until brown, about 5 mins. Turn over, season as you like (salt, pepper etc... I just left it plain) add 1-1/2 tablespoons chicken or veg broth, (you could just use water and maybe a splash of soy sauce) cover cook another 5 mins. YUM! It tasted the it was from The Keg!! & Water

Fiber Pills: 2.25 calories total

Total Water intake (goal 128oz) = 80 oz

Total of 1800.25 .....Still in my food budget But...over what PT wants me at by .25 LOL

--------------------

Re: Shell new
      #172191 - 04/21/05 11:21 AM
lovejoy_22

Reged: 02/21/03
Loc: Henderson, NC

Try tings. You can sometimes find them in your local health food store. OMG they tast just like cheetos. And trust me I was a cheetos EXPERT. I was devastated when I had to give them up. They are the best. I can't buy them too often though because I have a serious will-power issue. If I have Tings or Peanut Butter ZigZag soy dream in the house, I can't live until it is all gone.

--------------------
lovejoy_22

Re: Shell new
      #172197 - 04/21/05 11:35 AM
Shell Marr

YES.... Tings...i've had those before (the whole bag in one sitting) Those are forbiden to enter my shopping cart as well...for THAT reason!! LOL At least I did not eat the whole little bag of cheetos... I was strong enough to throw most of it away.... I know starving kids and I'm throwing away food...

--------------------

#172278 - 04/21/05 01:54 PM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Quote:

But...over what PT wants me at by .25 LOL

I'm sure she will make you burn that extra .25 somehow Shell, good work!

--------------------
S.

#172291 - 04/21/05 02:25 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Quote:

But...over what PT wants me at by .25 LOL

I'm sure she will make you burn that extra .25 somehow Shell, good work!

Yah, just wait until she reads my reports to her Sat morning... if she reads it "cheetos" BEFORE I work out with her....I'm a dead woman...just might as well plan on not being able to walk or reach my arms above my head Sun & Monday!! LOL If she sees it after...then I shall pay the price in next Tues class...and she will tell the WHOLE class WHY THEY are also being punished..... it is like the military in there I tell ya!!

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 248 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3037

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review