All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS Constipation and Exercise
      #155327 - 03/01/05 11:22 AM
dandymandy

Reged: 03/01/05

I just read the article regarding no found links between the level of physical activity one gets and teir liklihood for being constipated. I must say that I agree with the study. I go between having IBS with constipation and IBS with diarrea. I am always very physically active on a daily basis, and I watch what I eat. I weigh 110 pounds, but when I am suffering from IBS with constipation I can range anywhere from 100-120 pounds! It is very disheartening when I take such good care of my body, and I gain the weight back when the IBS changes unexpectedly. I am new to these boards, and don't really know how to control it. Before I knew that I had IBS ( I suffer all the symptoms, just not all at one time)I thought that I was simply allergic to eggs, but after trying them in restaurants around town, I found that I would only become ill on ocassion (diarrea). Now I feel ill after every meal, no matter what I eat (unless I eat a steady diet of Quaker Oatmeal, and that gets boring after a few days. I tried it. I gagged after the third day!) I go to bed with a sore tummy, I excersize at the gym 5 days a week ( cardio plus weight training) and my tummy usually hurts throughout this unless I don't eat before I go. I've tried not eating before I go but I get dizzy because I need food. This affects the way my clothing fits. Half the time I just feel like I am full of poop, and if I could just get this out, I'd be back to my old self again. My career involves me to stand on my feet for 9-10 hour shifts. This hurts too. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night with shooting pains in my abdomen. I feel pregnant, although I am not. I have made an appointment through my family doctor to have a colonoscopy to rule out cancers, etc. I have to wait 9 months for the appointment! I could have a kid int he time it'll take to see if I have cancer. I could also die if I do have cancer! It's laughable ( I could say sad, but what's the point in getting sad about something that's never going to go away, and an appointment I can't give myself?) So, I have been eating from the menu provided on this website. Since this is my first day here, I don't know how I am going to fel, but anything is worth a try. The only thing that can happen is that I may find something that works. But, to get back on track, I do agree with the study. I am a very active adult (26 years old), who eats healthfully, and I still suffer IBS with constipation. I would much rather have the diarrea that I used to have. At least the waste comes out instead of staying inside causing prolonged pain.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Welcome! new
      #155745 - 03/02/05 08:45 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Yep, if you've got IBS then exercise just won't do it! But do remember that staying active does help...it's just not a preventative. I bet you'd feel alot worse when you get C if you didn't keep active!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 96 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1345

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review