All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I have something to report
      #153777 - 02/24/05 03:13 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

and it is good news. I have an old work related injury to my hip which bothers me especially when having to work in snow and we have snow now and my hip does not hurt (too much)! I worked 7 1/2 hours yesterday which is 1/2 more than normal b/c I heard 2 inches were coming. And today there was more snow but I worked 7 hours just fine! It is really important to my fitness to not hurt my hip! Also tonight I am going to a self-defense class.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I have something to report new
      #153851 - 02/24/05 08:13 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi!
That is such wonderful news!! I am so glad you were able to do your work and stuff without your hip bothering you!
I hope you enjoy your self defense class tonight, I have taken one before and I really enjoyed it! Have a good time, take it easy on that hip!!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Thanks Steph new
      #153913 - 02/25/05 05:05 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I hurt the hip temporarily with the self-defense but it is better today. My lower back above the right hip bone spasms often. It was a pretty interesting class but it is so hard to remember the moves! We all needed a lot of work to really know them. It was just how to get out of holds/grabs and run! So I will tell all the ladies: remember that joints are weak, even on big strong men, so hit the elbow (hard side) back of knee and pelvis and a person lets go; also pressure points like nose, inner elbow, back of ear; also remember the rule of thumb: the person's hold is weakest by his thumb so try to move that way. Pay attention to gut feelings and don't be too nice to strangers as it might be a trap (think of the movie Silence of the Lambs!).

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: I have something to report new
      #154024 - 02/25/05 08:55 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

and it is good news. I have an old work related injury to my hip which bothers me especially when having to work in snow and we have snow now and my hip does not hurt (too much)! I worked 7 1/2 hours yesterday which is 1/2 more than normal b/c I heard 2 inches were coming. And today there was more snow but I worked 7 hours just fine! It is really important to my fitness to not hurt my hip! Also tonight I am going to a self-defense class.

Oh, good....I'm glad it is not hurting too bad.... good luck at your self-defense class.... !

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 173 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1882

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review