All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
REPORTING IN - 2/24/05
      #153569 - 02/24/05 07:08 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Everyone post their report for what you did on 2/24 here.... mine will follow later....

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REPORTING IN - 2/24/05 new
      #153667 - 02/24/05 10:34 AM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

cereal for breakfast
luna bar for snack
walk at lunchtime (around the building)
ate: 1/3 burrito- leftover from last night, small portion veggie chili- also leftovers

rest of day:
2 more luna bars
dinner with DH (?)
chiropractor appt and do dishes

Tomorrow I get back on the bike! wish me luck!

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#153675 - 02/24/05 10:43 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Quote:

cereal for breakfast
luna bar for snack
walk at lunchtime (around the building)
ate: 1/3 burrito- leftover from last night, small portion veggie chili- also leftovers

rest of day:
2 more luna bars
dinner with DH (?)
chiropractor appt and do dishes

Tomorrow I get back on the bike! wish me luck! LUCK LUCK LUCK LUCK!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

I wish you luck too- nt new
      #153776 - 02/24/05 03:09 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

thanks for the luck and an update new
      #153786 - 02/24/05 03:52 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I walked again this afternoon... had a meeting and wound up running up and down 2 flights of steps 4 times in 10 minutes for my boss to get stuff she forgot!

Also... I had a small baked potato and chicken breast with tomato pesto sauce (DH thought the container was BBQ and didn't taste it) for dinner.

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

REPORTING IN - 2/24/05 new
      #153841 - 02/24/05 07:55 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Breakfast: 2 slices dry toast & a banana
Lunch: a bowl of rice w/ brown sugar & vanilla rice milk
Snacks: lots more dry toast, LOTS of tea w/ sugar
Dinner: lemongrass-ginger ramen, some cooked carrots

Food & drinks total: 1357 (yeah, I was low today... I may snack more)
Fruits & veggies: banana, carrots = 2

Activity:
I did do some auction work, which involved a lot of sit-stand-lift-bend stuff for about an hour = -198

Can you tell today was a bad IBS day? Which brings me to my problem: It seems that any exercise I do ends up giving me D. I thought it was just yoga, because of the twists and such, which is why I tried the bellydance yesterday instead... but nope, I felt like crap (hah!) all night afterwards, and then I had D most of the morning.

The only exercise that never seems to bother me is walking. Unfortunately, the chances of me walking alone and/or in this frigid Maine winter weather are VERY slim. So I don't know what to do, other than decreasing my calories again to compensate for the fact that I can't exercise!

Note to the newbies: Don't be afraid to exercise because of my bad experiences. As anyone who's been here a while can tell ya, I'm just WEIRD! On the other hand, if you're a C'er and you want to try something that'll make you "go", DEFINITELY try yoga! It works for me, and I don't even need it! LOL

#153842 - 02/24/05 07:55 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi all,
Exercise: Went to the driving range with Adrian for a little over an hour, checked that fabulous Calorie Counter and it says I burned about 165 calories.
Food Budget: 1390 calories

Breakfast: Lemon Zest Luna bar (thanks Shell! ) = 180 calories

Snack: 2 arrowroot cookies, a small handful of pretzels, small handful of marshmallows = 194 calories

Lunch: Turkey breast sandwich from Subway with Sweet Onion Sauce (I am so addicted!!) = 331 calories

Dinner: Some pasta with tomato sauce and a tiny piece of chicken = 357 calories

Snack: UFO = About 400 calories!

For a total of: 1462! 72 calories over my food budget BUT that isn't too bad and I might hop on the elliptical while I am watching TV tonight.

Water: I am supposed to have 80 oz a day, today I have had less than 40 so far! I will have some more water tonight too, especially if I get on the elliptical!

Good luck everybody!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Casey new
      #153846 - 02/24/05 08:06 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hi Casey,
I'm sorry you are having a bad tummy day - isn't it funny how we can tell how each other are feeling by what we eat?
What is ramen, by the way?
I think I know what you mean about exercise giving you D. When my tummy was really unstable, I kept trying to do exercise and I noticed that every time I did I would get bad cramps and D.. especially if I did sit-ups, which would make the following attack excrutiating.
My mom runs every day (she does marathons and stuff) and she has said that even she, who has no stomach problems, gets an upset stomach and D if she pushes it too hard.
Now my tummy doesn't seem to react badly to exercise UNLESS I push it too hard, which leads me to believe that exercise is something you have to add in gradually too.. especially if you are still having a touchy tummy.
This may be a silly idea for you, but when you mentioned that walking is the only thing that seems not to bother you but you didn't want to go out, I thought of these videos I saw at Blockbuster a few nights ago: There is a whole series called 'walk away the pounds' on video.. I know it sounds kinda lame, but they might be good. You never know!

Good luck, I hope your belly settles down and you can do some belly dancing again soon!
*hugs*
Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

#153885 - 02/25/05 01:35 AM
JaneC

Reged: 02/20/05
Loc: England

Wasn't feeling too well up to yesterday afternoon, and I've just been eating rice pudding for the past 3 days.
Foodies:
*3 servings of rice with soymilk, banana & stewed apple, microwaved (turns into rice pudding).

Exercise:
*did warm up with running club, but then quit due to low blood sugar, and ran a measly 3 miles.

--------------------
"This is truly the age of bacteria: as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be."

#153921 - 02/25/05 05:17 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

26 points (budget 22). 4 flex points used. Plus weight training.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 20552

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review