All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to IBS/New to this site
      #99359 - 08/19/04 06:53 AM
jos732002

Reged: 08/19/04

Hello all,

Don't know if this is the proper forum for my post but here goes. I am a 32 year old male from the NY area. I have been diagnosed with IBS only after many CT's, MRI, and Ultrasounds to rule out everything else. My Doctor prescribed me EffexorXR and said that would help with my loose stools/diarrhea and it seems to be working. Has anyone else heard of Doctors doing this. Also I have pain in my mid back on my left hand side, is that IBS related. The Effexor is helping but I kind og don't want to be on this medication forever as I've tried to change my diet/stress w/o meds but the IBS came back full force. Any help is appreciated.

jos732002

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to IBS/New to this site new
      #99361 - 08/19/04 07:01 AM
john44

Reged: 08/12/04

Hey Jos -
NY area newbie to the board also. I myself have never had any back pain associated with my condition. Side pain - left hand due to colon issues, but never going to my back. I was cuirous - were you mainly D? If so how frequesnt serious? Have the meds helps to stabalize your condtion? I just want to get rid of the sudden out of no where urge to run to a bathroom. Makes going for a walk in central park very scary!
Thanks
JP

Welcome.... new
      #99462 - 08/19/04 01:05 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

There are several people on the boards that take Effexor for stress & anxiety related IBS. I take Librax for my stress. It really helps me. I hope the Effexor will help you.

I think the pain in your back could possibly be gas but I'm not sure. Maybe you just pulled a muscle that is taking a while to heal. Next time you are at the doc mention it.

Barbie

--------------------

#99600 - 08/20/04 02:31 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

I had bck pain when my IBS was really bad too.

Try changing your diet (following Heather's advice) whilst taking the meds. I'd advise using anything you can to stabilise, then you can gradually come of the meds. I was on about 4 different drugs for my IBS for ages, but now I don't take anything - except Acacia of course.

I found a low daily dose of Immodium taken as a preventative very helpful in stabilising. Ask your doc?

Good luck!

Have you had a colonoscopy?

#99605 - 08/20/04 04:36 AM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

Welcome to the boards! I am from the Utica/Syracuse area.

I too have back pain from IBS, usually on either or both sides. I've been pretty stable since starting Heather's diet (her books are a great help) and have gotten some great info from this site.

Hope you have a good day.....

Kim

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 685 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 790

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review