All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
1 week clear and then....
      #99168 - 08/18/04 01:04 PM
sona

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: UK

Sorry to vent, but my confidence has taken a knock tonight. I have followed the diet and have cooked only Heather's receipes from the 2 books. Tonight, after eating the Orange-Glazed Chicken (p 206, really tasty) I've spent the last 2 hours in the bathroom. I not sure what's brought on this attack - I thought I was doing really well. I really made an effort to prepare meals and was enjoying this and want to continue, but am not sure were I went wrong. I have used a soya spread on French bread for lunch and that has corn sweetners in it, but I've used this for a few days without a reaction. I hadn't had a bm since Sunday, maybe things have built up and have 'exploded'? I'm also on day 4 of the hypnotherapy CD and will continue with that, just down that I've been ill tonight. Any insight would be appreciated...... thanks

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: 1 week clear and then.... new
      #99171 - 08/18/04 01:08 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

I know how disappointing that is when you think you're doing better, and then BAM!

Are you keeping a food diary? If so, really go over everything to make sure you didn't miss anything. Is it possible you just ate too much or went too long without eating? Are you under stress? Did you sleep poorly?

If none of those questions provide answers, then maybe there's something in that dish that is generally well-tolerated but doesn't agree with you.

Feel better! You'll be back on track in no time!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Orange new
      #99192 - 08/18/04 01:47 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Hi Sona, Vent away! You're in the right place. I'm sorry you had a setback. Everybody has different triggers, and orange is actually a big one of mine. Keeping a food diary sounds tedious, but it really works! All you can do is develop your own diet by trial and error. You didn't do anything bad, it's just a setback. This will pass, and you can start again with your "safe" foods.

I think this has happened to all of us here. We're with you! Don't give up!

~nel~

#99201 - 08/18/04 01:58 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Could it have been the spread just now bothering you? Otherwise maybe something in the Orange chicken was a trigger for you. We all seem to have a little different triggers.

Also, did you use anything with sorbitol like vitamins, gum or mints? That is a big hidden trigger for me. What about new meds?

Good luck on finding the culprit that made you sick. I'm sure this will pass and you will feel a lot better.

Barbie

--------------------

#99230 - 08/18/04 03:32 PM
sona

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: UK

Thanks for the words of encouragement, really means a lot when you just can't get positive! I was feeling so good over the last few days, that I was tempted to post about how great things were going – but was inspired by another poster's 7-months without D and thought I'd better give it more time. Over a week ago I started taking a Vitamin B complex but I checked every ingredient to make sure the tablets didn't contain any sweeteners, sorbitol etc…. I can definitely trace everything I've eaten in the last week, I've planned all my meals around the advice in Heather's book i.e. on the menu tomorrow is 'Maple Glazed Salmon with Nutty Wheat Berries' but I'm now not feeling as confident to try the insoluble parts of the meal – think I will modify the recipe so I can stick with the more soluble fibre until I am more stable. I've been feeling quite calm since I started the hypno and haven't felt as stressed as usual and I've been sleeping better…..maybe the orange was the trigger.

I really hate having attacks as the next day my stomach is bloated and uncomfortable and makes the most awful noises! Also, if I can't trace the reason for the attack, I get anxious that I could get caught short anytime, anywhere. I've drinking peppermint tea, have peppermint caps but am nervy about starting with the soluble fibre supp, Acacia as I think it may make me worse. About 3 weeks ago I started with a tsp once a day, then stopped when I came down with a viral infection. Now that I'm better, I want to start again, but need to muster up the confidence. Ah well, onwards and upwards – will carry on, it's only been a week so I need to give this more time.

Thanks again for your replies – would love to be able to post in the next 6-months with a success story!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4059 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1373

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review