All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
New member looking for support!!!
      #98533 - 08/15/04 06:23 PM
renee585

Reged: 08/12/04

Hi, I am 29 years old and have IBSD. I feel like it is taking over my life. I no longer want to leave my home. I have alot of anxiety and I think that triggers my IBS. My gastro-doc told me to pack an extra pair of clothes with me and not to worry. I just purchased the cookbook, acacia fiber, & peppermint pills. I hope they help, but what do I do with the constant worry? Has anyone tried an anti-anxiety medicine?? Thank you Laura for helping. I need much more computer practice.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New member looking for support!!! new
      #98540 - 08/15/04 06:45 PM
LittleLisa

Reged: 06/22/04
Loc: USA

Welcome Renee! I have IBS-D too! As you can see you are not alone. Most of us suffer anxiety also. It's no wonder we worry. Having IBS is enough to make anyone nuts ! There is help.....this board #1. Everyone and everything is SO helpful. I come to it sometimes to just remind myself that I am not alone with IBS. Seems like you are on the right track though with ordering the necessities.

Try not to worry. I know it's hard but worrying makes the IBS worse. YOu will soon learn what you can and can't eat and that will regulate you to some extent. So when you have somewhere to go, you prepare your body for it. You should not let the IBS win and take over your life. Believe me, I've been there. I've had it for 16 years!

Good luck and keep posting! It helps!

--------------------
~~~Lisa~~~

Welcome Renee! -nt- new
      #98542 - 08/15/04 06:48 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#98563 - 08/15/04 09:05 PM
41DMBFAN41

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

Hi Renee,

We are the same age. I just found this site last week,after purchasing Heather's books. This site is a BIG help. I feel that no one understands what this IBS is all about,that it is just a "stomach ache" to some people. If you have any questions,just ask ....

#98566 - 08/15/04 10:28 PM
jasperlovel

Reged: 05/21/03

wellcome renee 585 to the message board. we are all here to help you with your ibs. theres allways different things to try for ibs. hope you feel better this week. jasper

--------------------
ive had ibs for 8 years now. im learning alot on this web board. thanks again everyone

#98567 - 08/16/04 12:15 AM
RGS

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Queensland, Australia

Hi Renee, you found a great site for support that's for sure.
From my experience, and i'm sure many others on the site will agree, the IBS specific hypno CD's are terrific, and great for targeting anxiety . Probably the best thing i have ever done for my health, and believe me I've been fighting ibs for too long.
Have a look at the hypno forum to see what others are saying, and give it a go i say!

Don't despair, the help available seems to be improving quickly these days.

Ralph

Welcome Renee!! new
      #98570 - 08/16/04 04:25 AM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

This is a great place to voice your feelings and get good answers to your questions.

Although anxiety isn't my biggest trigger, I have read many good suggestions for that on this web site (i.e. Hypno tapes, certain medications, etc.) and I'm sure you'll get many useful ideas from it.

Hope you feel better soon and welcome again!

Kim

Re: welcome! new
      #98572 - 08/16/04 05:16 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

Just to add what others have said, once you familiar with the diet, and your body has time to adjust, you'll feel better and more confident. I used to be afraid to leave my home, too. Now, I don't think twice about heading out the door. The diet allows you to get control and the anxiety will gradually ease as your symptoms improve.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

Welcome, Renee new
      #98586 - 08/16/04 06:54 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Renee,

Sorry you are having a rough time. I, too, have IBS with stress as a big trigger. I am taking Librax which relaxes me and relaxes my stomach. You take it 30 minutes before you eat. It has really helped me. Several people on the boards take it, too.

I'm surprised your Gastro doc didn't give you any kind of meds for relief. Also, you might want to try eating safe foods for a while to get the "D" stabilized. Also, take Imodium....that really helps my "D". Keep a food diary so you can trace the things that bother you and watch out for all the triggers.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

Welcome to the boards! new
      #98595 - 08/16/04 07:50 AM
Miss Pepper

Reged: 12/23/03
Loc: Delaware

I find these boards to be so helpful. You'll get lots of support, advice, and ideas My IBS is also primarily triggered by stress and I just started the hypno CDs. So far they have been wonderful. I've even been able to calm myself down a couple of time since starting them, just by thinking about what Michael says.

Take care

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 862 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2244

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review