Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Welcome to the boards Renee!!! Glad you found us! - nt new
      #98741 - 08/16/04 04:24 PM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New member looking for support!!! new
      #98749 - 08/16/04 04:46 PM
karmakatt

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Massachusetts

hi and welcome!

i'm so glad you found this forum, i just arrived a couple weeks ago myself. to say it's a godsend is an understatement -- there is so much useful information and supportive people, just take your time and go thru everything.

meantime, try and do 5 mints. at a time of total body relaxation (in a chair, no noise, alone w/your eyes closed, just breathe)...

and follow heather's diet... as for meds, i found that donnatol to be extremely helpful for cramps, D, and anxiety. when i first got IBS, i was under severe stress, unable to relax AT ALL and this med. kinda put me in the right mindset. it's a narcotic, so my MD only prescribed a few to get me thru the rough stuff and on my way to recovery. and pretty soon, you'll be there too!

good luck! kk

Re: New member looking for support!!! new
      #98778 - 08/16/04 06:45 PM
dmosher

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: New Hampshire

HANG IN THERE...
I have IBS with C not D - and it too was taking over my life - I got the Book, tea and Cap.'s like you did, about two weeks ago I think - and it has helped sooooooo much it is unbelievable!! Read the book - get familiar with what to eat and what not to eat, get in the habit of taking your fiber supplements, and take those peppermint cap.'s and you will see a difference...

Hang in there - it will get better, and I know it is easier said then done but you are talking to someone who use to not be able to have a BM for 6-7 days at times - and I now have one at least every day...
Keep coming to this website everyone on here is soooo helpful and supportive cause they too are going through exactly what you are going through!!

--------------------
Donell

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4353 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2286

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review