All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
traveling with acacia
      #98511 - 08/15/04 05:15 PM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

hey everyone...i was just wondering...i have been doing so well with the acacia and i have a big trip for work coming up next week to oakland and seattle for 5 days. can i bring the acacia with me in my luggage? has anyone done this before? thanks!!!

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: traveling with acacia new
      #98514 - 08/15/04 05:25 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Yeah, sure, no problem. I take my SFS with me where ever I go. I even pack a spoon for mixing it up!

Good luck with the trip. Where are you flying out of, LaGuardia? Remember they don't serve food in flight much anymore, but they have stands where you can buy meals already packed in paper bags! They have tuna and turkey or bagels and yogurt with fresh fruit and stuff. Always worked pretty well for me. Just allow plenty of time for the security measures so you don't get stressed!

I also take Fibercon tablets with me for times I can't mix up my SFS.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#98516 - 08/15/04 05:31 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Haven't tried this yet, but plan to next time I travel... measure the amounts of acacia that you use into little baggies, you will only have to dump it in and stir! Well, okay slowly sprinkling it in whatever and mixing it will work much better, I am sure that you know that.
Good luck on your trip!

--------------------
-Sheri

How about international travel? new
      #98520 - 08/15/04 05:42 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Since it came up, I'll ask this question a few months early... The hubby and I are going to spend Christmas in Germany with my grandma and sister (I'm first-generation American). I'm assuming I'll be carrying my acacia in my carry-on luggage and I have visions of this being a complete disaster, particularly since I tend to dump it out of the original packaging.

Anyone have advice or experience with traveling abroad with a white, powdery substance?

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Re: How about international travel/christine new
      #98531 - 08/15/04 06:18 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Christine
Can you maybe ship some of it to your grandma so there are not so many questions? Maybe pre mix it before you get to the air port for what you'll need on the flight. I know when we flew to az two years ago the took they baby powder i had for my daughter. Maybe you can call the airport and ask them how to do it? Hope this helps.
God Bless
Heathre7476

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: How about international travel? new
      #98534 - 08/15/04 06:26 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I haven't traveled with a white-powdery substance in my luggage, but when I flew to London last Christmas I was did end up taking some powerful narcotics with me, and one of the girls I was traveling with had needles. We both brought notes from our doctors and neither of us had any trouble getting through security. I also suggest leaving things in their original packaging just to avoid any unneccessary questioning.

Meg

#98578 - 08/16/04 06:05 AM
bttrfly08

Reged: 05/06/04
Loc: Queens, NY

thanks everyone! I think i'll leave it in the original package and also print the page off heather's site that explains what it is...just in case! LS- I'm flying out of JFK, but since its for work, its first class. Can't complain thanks again for your help.

--------------------
Things happen for a reason...just believe

Re: How about international travel? new
      #98686 - 08/16/04 01:06 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I travel with so many pills, my carry-ons rattle! Gets me stares from security every time. I agree with Meg-- just document everything and you'll be fine.

Best of luck!

~nel~

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4818 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 844

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review