All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Still learning what to eat, can I have this?
      #98079 - 08/13/04 12:45 PM
LauraY

Reged: 08/01/04
Loc: Northern CA

Aidells Chicken apple sausage:

Ingredients
Smoked Product: Chicken, Evaporated Apples, Fruit Juice Concentrate (Pineapple, Pear, Peach and Apple), Salt, Spices, Sodium Nitrite, in a Pork Casing.

Would it be because of the fat that I shouldn't (if I can't)? Maybe not as a full sausage, but cut up over rice or pasta?

Thanks
Laura

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Still learning what to eat, can I have this? new
      #98094 - 08/13/04 01:01 PM
karmakatt

Reged: 07/27/04
Loc: Massachusetts

i'm not an authority but my rule of thumb is if it appeals to you, and doesn't have any obviously unsafe ingredients, and you've been stable for a couple days... why not try?

you could always remove the pork casing and crumble it over some rice... treading slowly here... a few bites & see what it does...

hope it's good! kk

Re: Still learning what to eat, can I have this? new
      #98119 - 08/13/04 02:04 PM
Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Hiya,
I would be very careful with this, especially if you aren't completely stable yet and I would for a few reasons..
First one is the pork casing, any pork products I think are pretty much a no-no... Although, I think someone else said remove the casing so that's a good idea.
The other thing is the fruit juice concentrate, it might only have small amounts so it might not be a problem BUT I have major problems with fruit juices and know other people that do as well.
I would say if you do want to try it, make sure you have lots of solubles in your stomach first to cushion any blow and only try a small amount at first.. without the casing, preferably.
Good luck!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 869 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 407

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review