All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Granola Bars
      #97278 - 08/10/04 04:46 PM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I ate an Atkins granola bar today and well lets just say I am paying for it now. I did read the ingridents but someting in there upset my tummy. I have read the list that Heather put together but can't seem to find any of them listed here. Do you guys know of any that we are able to eat? Or if you know of any stores that would have them. I would appreciate any help. I love to eat these and they are nice to have for a mid morning snack. The bar I ate was really good. Here I was trying to go for another three weeks to a month and back at square one again. Oh well its a never ending story. Will just go on from here.

--------------------
Michelle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Granola Bars new
      #97286 - 08/10/04 05:26 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Because of the grains and such in them, I don't think there's *any* granola bars that are considered safe. The only thing I know off the top of my head are the Luna bars - I haven't tried them, but everyone else seems to love 'em.

#97297 - 08/10/04 06:12 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

Luna bars are yummy, I ate them before I found out about the diet... now I have an excuse... I ate 2 today actually, normally limit myself to one though... work was giving away granola bars and I was a good girl and stuck with the luna bar at my desk.. and then tonight I was hungry and didn't want to fix anything real to eat again- had already had "dinner" but am still adjusting to portions wiht the 6 meal a day thing and obviously it wasn't enough because an hour after what should have been the 6th I was hungry agian so I ate another rather then deal with the kitchen again. I'd recommend those, or read carefully about the ingredients, including the GRAINS and carb ingredients in some of the other bars....

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

Question About Luna Bars new
      #97304 - 08/10/04 06:26 PM
mul132

Reged: 08/04/04
Loc: Pennsylvania

I love granola bars too! And while its gonna be tough to give them up, I'm looking for alternatives. My question about the Luna bars is whether or not the ones with chocolate in them are safe for us. I know chocolate is a trigger, but I was wondering if anyone was able to eat these without any trouble.

Meg

Re: Question About Luna Bars new
      #97315 - 08/10/04 07:08 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I think the chocolate is in cocoa powder form so it's okay. They are very yummy but still the chocolate ones have more fat. I usually eat it with a banana. And Mitch I know Luna bars are for women, but no one will notice and my husband really likes them so I hope you will try.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#97321 - 08/10/04 07:29 PM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

It's completely ridiculous that there's food "for women" or "for men" anyway. It's just food. The only thing that makes it for women, as far as I know, is extra folic acid. And that can't hurt you!

#97337 - 08/10/04 08:34 PM
dagenj1

Reged: 07/19/04
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Most of the Atkins foods have sugar alcohols in them. When I tried the lo carb thing a year ago I had non-stop pain and gas because the sorbitol and mantitol hit me really hard. I can handle regular granola bars fine, but anything Atkins will make me sick.

Luna bars are good. I didn't know until this thread that they were a "safe" food. My dietician (which I fired over a year ago because she made me really sick with all the whole grains she was making me eat) told me to stop eating Luna bars because they are high in sugar, so I threw out over $30 worth of bars because of it. Wish I hadn't!

#97362 - 08/10/04 11:16 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

Luna Bars are YUMMY and totally safe... I eat them almost daily.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

#97405 - 08/11/04 07:58 AM
RachelT

Reged: 07/01/04
Loc: Minnesota

Just want to add my input...

They're all good but, Orange Bliss is by far the best one I've had yet!!!

--------------------
~ Rachel (IBS-C)
If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!

#97716 - 08/12/04 07:48 AM
Mitch

Reged: 02/06/04
Loc: Tucson, AZ

I will try the Luna bars. It seems like everyone likes them so when I go to the store this weekend I will get me a couple and see how they are. Thank you everyone for your imput. I knew that if I wrote here I would get some responses from everyone. Thanks again.

--------------------
Michelle

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 8766 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1624

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review