Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)
Aw new
      #94320 - 07/29/04 04:50 PM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

Aw,
I'm sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well. I've never had a problem with them and I'm sensitive to everything. I guess everyone's different.

Let me know how the fiber works out.

Glad she found a new doctor.
K =)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Carolyn- New Doc & Ensure new
      #94324 - 07/29/04 05:03 PM
daisy2

Reged: 07/19/04
Loc: Washington

Hi Karen,

I just wrote you a novel but then pushed a bottom and erased everything. I can't believe I just did that. I was saying I can't believe you were hospitalized for IBS. I had no idea it could get that serious. Although the thought did cross my mind last night because I'm worried about her getting to thin and all this low fat food, how in world is she going to gain any weight when she is eating no calories all the time. I'm going to do a search after this for some recipes and then go to the store and get some stuff to fix for the weekend. That will make me feel better.

I'm going to try and get her into her new doc. before a month. She needs to be seen right away and I'm going to call her ped. doc and have her weighted and looked at. At this last gastro (idoit) doc we went to yesterday she had stayed the same weight (67lbs.) but she has grown 1-1/2 inches in three months. Her clothes are so loose on her that I can't believe she is the same weight. Anyways, hope you get to feeling better. I'm going to try and get a picture to Heather this next week so you can see what we look like. It's always nice to see a face behind the emails.

Thanks again for all you wisdom and take care of yourself.

Carolyn

Re: Food new
      #94368 - 07/29/04 07:55 PM
daisy2

Thanks for all your helpful information.

I am going to get Heather's food book so I can make some of the yummy recipes I have been looking at. I had her try some of the soy yogurt today and she took one bite and said "yuck". I tried two different brands - Silk and Whole Soy & Co. She is just getting use to the Silk Vanilla for her cereals in the morning. She will also eat the Cuties from Trader Joes. They are like vanilla ice cream sandwiches (diary free) and are so yummy. I have been trying to help eat some of the foods along with her so she doesn't feel so left out. It was really hard last week as she was at camp and I was a helper and she couldn't eat anything the other kids were eating for snacks. At one point, she got mad at me and wouldn't speak to me but she has gotten better now because she wants to feel better and is really trying to help herself in everyway she can. It's hard because she wants to be like her friends and I understand that. Anyways, I'm rambling.

Thanks again for listening.

Carolyn

Re: Carolyn-Computer trouble new
      #94371 - 07/29/04 07:59 PM
kemulvey

Reged: 07/05/04
Loc: Mass.

Hi Carolyn,
I know what that's like. (Darn Computers-- I worked in IT for 3 years) I'm starting to feel a little better...

If you want to zap me an email sometime feel free. If you go to my profile there's a website listed and you can send comments through the form and I can send email back.

I also can host a picture if you need me to do that. Just zap me an email through the form and I'll tell you what to do from there.
All Best,
Karen =)

Edited by kemulvey (07/29/04 08:02 PM)

Re: Carolyn-Computer trouble new
      #94376 - 07/29/04 08:40 PM
daisy2

Okay, is it just me or what.... I just sent you an email on your Contact page and it wouldn't go through darn... it took me awhile to write this too. Oh well, maybe you should email me first at my address. I will leave it for you.

Glad you are feeling a little better.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 405 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9669

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review