Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
experienced voices please!!!
      #93379 - 07/27/04 01:03 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

hey everyone
I am usually ibs c....I have become pretty stable so decided last night for dinner I was going to try eggs...the whole egg...usually I have been able to eat them with no problem...I also decided to try them with crackers because I don't usually mix carbs and proteins (makes me c)...I wanted to see if I could.
Within half an hour of eating it I started to burp loads, then came terrible nausea, and this morning I have really sloppy poos, urgency and terrible nausea again. Could it be the egg doing all this to me? I haven't eaten a lot of eggs recently so maybe I have become sensitised?
What do you all do for this nausea that comes with all the poos?
Or could this be because I swam in the sea yesterday and caught a bug? Its just the reactions started after I ate the egg...sooo...well...it figures..
please help..feel alone and sad a bit...
JUST WANTED TO STRESS THAT I USED TO EAT LOADS OF EGGS WITH NO PROBLEM!!! can this happen, this change....?

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

try ginger(tea,candy,ale,whatever)for the nausea-nt- new
      #93391 - 07/27/04 04:08 AM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

Yup, it can happen... new
      #93394 - 07/27/04 05:19 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I ate eggs for years with no problems.... and now I can't even eat the WHITES, which are safe for 99.9% of the rest of everyone on here. I can't even have baked goods that have egg whites in them. It's a real bummer.

If you want to get brave and try something different, try just the whites next time. The yolks are the part that bother us IBSers, because of the high fat content - whites are fat-free, and you may be able to eat them just fine.

For nausea, I typically do crystallized/candied ginger or ginger tea.

Good luck and hope you feel better!

Re: experienced voices please!!! new
      #93401 - 07/27/04 06:14 AM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

I'm sorry you're so sick!

I used to eat oatmeal EVERYDAY, I'm talking everyday for a LONG time. Even before I had IBS. About 2 weeks ago I was having terrible pain and D everytime I ate it, and I kept thinking it must be from something I ate the night before....well finally I tried not eating it one morning and I was fine. SO I guess you can all of a sudden reject something. It taught me to vary my food in the mornings. It's hard to find fast things to eat when you're in a rush in the morning, but if I don't take some time I end up late because I'm in the bathroom!

I hope you feel better. Even aromatherapy ginger is supposed to help for nausea.

~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

thank you so much new
      #93404 - 07/27/04 06:23 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Thank you all so much...the ginger tea helped the nausea so much and my guts seem to have stopped spilling!!!
There is nothing like knowing I can get on to this site in the middle of the night when noone else understands and know that there are people that do out there!
lots of love XXX

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: Yup, it can happen... new
      #93430 - 07/27/04 08:04 AM
chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03

I can still eat them baked into things... but I can't do eggs or whites in large concentrations either. Which is especially annoying since I am a vegetarian. Another good, cheap source of protein out the window. Sigh.

Hope you're feeling better!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3962 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 508

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review