All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Re: My Endoscopy update and results! new
      #12602 - 06/26/03 02:36 PM
GEA

Reged: 04/06/03
Loc: San Diego, CA

I do know about that, but I thought that you took it after the round of antibiotics. I am taking it now, like a lot of it every day.
It is very complicated with me. I had such a bad case of candida five years ago, it almost did me in. I was extremely sick. I was in bed 24/7 with a lot of pain in my pelvis. I think it was in my blood, brain and organs. I was treated very poorly by a doctor and it went on for so long with improper treatment that they finally told me there was nothing left to give me and basically gave up on me! At the end of this night mare, I was taking diflucan like candy and it did nothing! I also had tried every natural remedy out there and the candida diet.(no sugar) Nothing helped me.

I did find a proceedure called "UVI" where they extract 15% of my blood through a closed machine and run it through ultra violet light. The ultra violet light kills the candida in your blood. It's expensive, and no insurance will pay for it. This was given by an MD in San Diego. It really saved my life. I have had to go back for a few treatments lately because of my flare up. I developed CFIDS (Chronic Fatigue) as a result of the candida. It has been really a difficult road.

--------------------
~GEA~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Endoscopy update (False negative H. Pylori blood tests.) new
      #12604 - 06/26/03 02:42 PM
GEA

Reged: 04/06/03
Loc: San Diego, CA

Thank you for that information! I didn't know that. I was not on any antacids at the time or in the preceeding weeks either. I wonder why it came back negative..strange... Thanks for your help and encouragement...

--------------------
~GEA~

I had my endoscopy today new
      #13409 - 07/07/03 05:31 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

and everything was fine, he didn't see any ulcers or polyps. They took blood and I am suppose to call my PCP later this week to see if I have H Pylori. the reason why I had it done was because my throat would burn all the time and it felt like I had something in there. I also suffer from allergies and read somewhere that can cause your throat to burn. I took Zyrtec all last summer and it worked and I want to talk to my doc to see if she can prescribe me some. Its nice to know my esophagus is ok!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 559 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9985

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review