All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
stomach pain
      #9235 - 05/16/03 12:50 PM
jessica9610

Reged: 05/04/03
Loc: Central New Jersey

i was wondering if anyone could help me out? For the past week i have been in a lot of pain, I wake up in the morning and drink my fiber after i drink my fiber i feel really nauseated then i eat and still feel sick then i eat lunch and like 20min after lunch i get really bad pain and i feel like i have t go to the bathroom but i can't sit on the toilet because the pains are so bad. by the end of the day they subside a little but don't go away totally. Before i started the diet this wasn't happening i didn't have those severe pains and i wasn't waking up feeling nauseated i did go to the bathroom several times a day but i rarely ever had these bad pains. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: stomach pain new
      #9243 - 05/16/03 02:29 PM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Maybe it's something you're eating? Sometimes what isn't a trigger for some (or sometimes even most) others can be a trigger for you. What's your typical meals? How long have you been following the diet? How long have you been on the fiber supplement & what dose are you at? What kind of fiber supplement are you taking (citracel, benefiber, etc)? Are you getting enough water? What kind and where is the pain?

WHEW! Maybe we can find some answers from that!

#9245 - 05/16/03 02:40 PM
headyna

Reged: 05/12/03
Loc: Michigan

What kind of fiber are you taking? I was read that the psyllium that is in Metamucil can trigger attacks!

#9291 - 05/17/03 10:19 PM
jessica9610

I don't really eat meals i kinda just eat when i am hungry and i haven't figured out totally what i can eat but i did start eating oatmeal a lot more and then i stopped and didn't have those bad pains anymore so i think that was what is was. I am doing the citracel for my fiber supplement. I think i have been taking the fiber for a month now or even a little longer but i only take a tablespoon in the morning i haven't started to take it at night i don't think i really need all of that fiber. I wasn't drinking enough water either. But the pain was right in the middle of my stomach and shot down into my colan and then when it wore off it was on my left side. I am not even sure realy what to eat and i really need to find fast easy foods to work with cause when i am feeling good i am always on the run. I just wanted to thank you for trying to help me i greatly appriciate it.

#9292 - 05/17/03 10:21 PM
jessica9610

I am taking citracel. But i was on it for longer then a month and yeah in the begining i was gasy but that went away and i never had pains from it. does citrecel have that stuff in it?

#9299 - 05/18/03 02:10 AM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Oatmeal can be a problem for some, so if you've cut that out and the pain has improved it could likely be the culprit.

Soluble Fiber Supps are really the basis for keeping your digestion stable whether you suffer from IBS-C or IBS-D. I would gradually work yourself up to taking 2T twice a day. It really does help.

Eating small meals when you're hungry is good and much better than the traditional 3 large meals a day which does not help IBS at all. Just make sure the things you are eating are IBS safe and nutritious as well. There was a thread earlier on the recipe exchange for quick easy meal ideas.

I find pretzels, baked corn chips, canned salmon and tuna, apple sauce, bananas and french bread are all good quick, easy and safe things to snack on throughout the day. As far as dinners go, check the recipe exchange for heaps of good ideas.

Good luck,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

#9307 - 05/18/03 11:20 AM
*Melissa*

Reged: 02/22/03
Loc: ;

Oh good! I'm glad you're feeling better!

Like Kerrie said, I bet it was the oatmeal. I know some people have problems with that. If you have any more problems, let us know, and we'll try to help you out.

I know some fast food places have some safe stuff, although I honestly never tried any personally. Here's an old thread on that: web page

If you meant fast & easy to cook, there's lots on the recipe exchange boards, plus all of Kerrie's suggestions.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 961 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1139

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review