All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
DIet question
      #92268 - 07/22/04 09:11 AM
Ice

Reged: 01/05/04
Loc: WV, USA

I've done very well with the IBS diet. My largest weight ever was 289. When I was diagnosed, I was at 261. Now, I'm in the upper 180's and the scale has stopped going down, but I need to lose probably another 20-30 lbs. I've removed sugar and salt from my diet where possible, because they're in everything. My main staples are soy milk, bagels, Worthington vegetarian burger, unsweetened applesauce, pasta, and rice. What else could I do? Any suggestions?

--------------------
What sings hard rock and delivers easter eggs? Pat Bunny-tar!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: DIet question new
      #92271 - 07/22/04 09:15 AM
mindyj

Reged: 05/14/04
Loc: Northern Virginia

Hi Ice,
Probably something you've already thought about - but what's your exercise routine? Also, make sure you're drinking plent of water.
Oh - and you should also check out the las vegas threads! I know lots of dieters hang out there and they exchange advice. Good luck!
Min

#92274 - 07/22/04 09:24 AM
Ice

Reged: 01/05/04
Loc: WV, USA

I used to not drink water, but here just recently, I've been getting myself into the habit. Also, I've not been the most active, but in the past few days, I've started walking. Yesterday evening, the dog and I did about 2 1/4 miles. Unless something happens, we plan to top it tonight. That scale is going down.

--------------------
What sings hard rock and delivers easter eggs? Pat Bunny-tar!

#92276 - 07/22/04 09:30 AM
toronto

Reged: 07/22/04

Exercise, Exercise!! You can also substitute all juice with water and low sugar fruit. Cantelope, strawberries, apricots. Also cut the carbs(bread, pasta, rice) or substitute them with brown bread, brown rice, egg noodles.
You should leave a gap of 4-6 hours betwwen your protein intake because it takes our bodies approximately 4 hours to digest 2 1/2 oz of protein. We all know that we eat more than 2 1/2 oz of protein at each sitting.
Good Luck.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 999 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 823

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review