All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Weight
      #91672 - 07/19/04 10:04 PM
dagenj1

Reged: 07/19/04
Loc: Minneapolis, MN

Does anyone else feel like it's impossible to lose weight? I sometimes wonder if my IBS has something to do with it. I've seen lots of experts and they can't figure out why I can eat practically nothing and exercise like crazy and not lose weight. Even with all the diarrhea!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Weight new
      #91701 - 07/20/04 02:19 AM
leslierf

Reged: 10/11/03
Loc: Tucson, Arizona

You would think that with all the D I would be losing weight like crazy. But no, not an ounce.
I have been on diets and diet supplements before and have lost some in the beginning. But then, it all came back and brought extra weight along too.
I have pretty much given up on losing weight for the time being and am focusing on getting the IBS under some kind of control. My GI seems to think that once I get some of my health back, the weight could start to go down.
There are some people on the boards who are having success in losing weight. Check out the Vegas board, and read the "reporting in" posts. Maybe some of them could give you some good suggestions.

Re: Weight new
      #91709 - 07/20/04 05:01 AM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I always lose a little in summer but felt like I had pounds inside me that were just stuck. My doc said that was not true. Anyway I cut out juice and late night snacks in winter this year and lost a few pounds. I eat a lot of baby carrots and pretzels. But what has finally helped me to lose weight is keeping a journal of what I eat everyday (it isn't as hard as it sounds) and then staying stirct with the diet and making sure I have 30 grams or less fat. Lots of veggies too is great. I have a garden so at this time of the year I can have several cooked veggies or salads with dinner. Anyway I have lost 12# but I can really relate to what you say about feeling like you'll never lose. So that is what helped me I hope some of it is useful.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4551 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 371

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review