All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Wondering about symptoms
      #91513 - 07/19/04 11:56 AM
teethcleaner

Reged: 07/04/04
Loc: California

I was wondering how typical my symptoms are compared to everyone else I know IBS comes with alot of different and varying symptoms I've been reading the IBS book about getting attacks and I really don't have "attacks" usually anyways I have D every morning 2-3 times and usually after lunch my tummy gets bloated and gassy no matter what I eat, I could eat pizza and ice cream and not have D until the morning does anyone have similar symptoms?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Wondering about symptoms new
      #91518 - 07/19/04 12:07 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I don't get attacks per se very often and I don't have classic cramps that can be stopped with medication. My tummy is just crabby and I get bloated a lot. Well I am doing much better now though- hope this helps.
Oh and I could make a guess but I don't know if I am right but it could be that your regular AM D could be either stress related or connected to something you are eating very often so that you don't get sudden attacks. Try following the diet really close and it will show you if it is food causing the symptoms. I know some people get D before work because of stress but I really can't say if that is you of course.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#91519 - 07/19/04 12:07 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I have the same problem. If I eat Dairy or fried foods at night for example, the next day I'll have D mid morning the next day.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

#91523 - 07/19/04 12:12 PM
Nynativecagirl

Reged: 05/25/04
Loc: So. California

Hi there. I also have the Morning issues. I go through months that it doesn't happen every morning and then something (usually stress, life changes, etc.) triggers it and for a few months every morning it's a nightmare. As soon as I wake up it hits and end up making 2-3 trips to bathroom before I can leave for work. I also can eat alot of dairy stuff and I'm fine but then bang, the IBS hits with a vengeance, I feel like it all accumulates while I'm eating freely and then gets me back for not being more careful on a daily basis. Then of course there's the atttacks whenver it feels like it, like last night went out to dinner before I even finished I felt it coming. was sick all night in terrible pain, still feeling lousy but Lomotil at least stops the D. I think there are others on the board that also have the morning issues. it's so odd, this whole problem. I just got a sample of that Digestive Advantage IBS talked about on this board, so I'm giving that a try. somethings got to give. I hope you feel better, stay positive.

--------------------
Judy

#91528 - 07/19/04 12:29 PM
teethcleaner

I am just starting the diet so we will see how that effects my mornings and rest of the day bloating! Did you guys have to start with the strict all soluble diet? I tried it but didn't last more than a day I thought maybe if I just followed the diet it would get better in time...I need help I'm new at this and so far no changes

#91530 - 07/19/04 12:32 PM
teethcleaner

I guess we could be worse huh! I feel bad for people that can't go anywhere or do anything i'm usually pretty perdictable I'd say 80% of the time

#91532 - 07/19/04 12:48 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, I would be pretty strict about the diet, yeah. It still might take a while to see improvement, but if you're continuing to eat things like pizza and ice cream - dairy being a known trigger - you're probably not going to see consistent improvement. (I don't know if you're really eating that stuff... it was just an example.)

I don't believe the diet alone does the trick. If you're not taking a soluble fiber supplement, you should get started on one of those soon too. I'm still not stable, and my symptoms are a little different than yours, but I've definitely noticed I have less D (maybe once or twice a week, instead of every day) on the diet and fiber. (And I think the reasons I'm not stable yet are because I'm not eating enough, and I haven't worked up to a "full" daily dosage of the SFS either.)

Anyway, good luck! You will see improvement, you just have to really watch what you eat for a while.

#91598 - 07/19/04 02:53 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

No I didn't start with strictly soluble and with my C I am glad I didn't. I was not as bad as some people either and just went with a pretty normal diet.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#91617 - 07/19/04 04:58 PM
mandm1129

Reged: 07/14/04

My symptons are somewhat the same as yours. I've had IBS for 6 months now. When I read the book, I noticed too that those talked about in the book would get excruciating cramps. I do not get those and as a matter of fact, I am more C then D. Sometimes I do get some pain and bloating/gas if I overeat or eat something that is a no-no.

Since everyone is different, it will take time for you to find the foods that are best fit for you. I suggest you start by sticking to the diet 100%. You can for the most part get it under control. I know there are foods that are not on the diet that I can have that won't bother me, but I don't want to take that chance right now. Once I get this under control, I will then try adding other foods back into my diet. Also, I take Citrucel every morning and that helps to regulate me so that I can go normally every morning.

Good luck!!

#91625 - 07/19/04 05:52 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

Yes, my symptoms are similar to yours. I can eat stuff and it won't bother me until the next morning. My D never is watery, I just get kind of crampy, usually not real bad, just enuf to signal me that I have to get to the bathroom NOW. Sometimes, I go just a couple of times normally and that's it. But when an attack comes, the spasms just keep coming about every 15-30min or less and then I have to take Immodium to stop them. I find I get bloated after eating if I've eaten too much or if my tummy has been kind of iffy all day. The other tricky thing I've found is that sometimes the same food will not give me any problems and the next time I eat it, bam! The spasms hit the next morning. I haven't totally given up pizza, but if I do eat it , it has to be just one piece. I also haven't given up dairy. I cut it out of my diet several months ago for a few weeks and it didn't seem to make a difference, so I put it back in. About the only dairy Ieat it the Yoplait Whipped yogurt and Homeaid Ranch Dressing, (my major downfall) You just have to experiment and as you will find from this website, symptoms are different with everyone. God Speed
Janene

#91686 - 07/19/04 11:29 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Hi,

I do go through phases where I have attacks during the day, but often my IBS is D in the morning, like you. That is why the food diary is so helpful. Without it, I have trouble remembering what, exactly, I ate the day before!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2217 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1737

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review