All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Casey new
      #91565 - 07/19/04 01:52 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

As much as it probably sucks having PTSD, I do see what you mean by being happy having a diagnosis.
At least now you know what to fix and work on.
Nice to hear things are actually going your way after all the problems you have been having!

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Abuse new
      #91591 - 07/19/04 02:42 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

I'm so glad you're going up hill. Best wishes for a very fulfilling recovery.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Re: Post-traumatic stress disorder new
      #91628 - 07/19/04 06:54 PM
LauraSue2

Reged: 07/18/04

Hallelujah, Casey! That is great! Let the healing begin!!

(Yeah, it's really me, goofed up my login.)

Re: Casey !!! PTSD new
      #91670 - 07/19/04 09:54 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

HI Casey, my dearest friend also suffers from ptsd. This can be a devastating disorder to live with. Its great that you seem to have found a competant therapist, keep going, you are going to learn so many tools to help you make it through each day. Just knowing the diagnosis is half the battle. I will be thinking of you and praying for you honey!

Thanks for the kind words, I am feeling better mentally, the tummy thing is going to take a few days but I will get there. I wished you lived close to me so we could go to a few garage sales.

Great! new
      #91685 - 07/19/04 11:11 PM
ChristineM

Reged: 05/31/04
Loc: soCal

Well, the trauma isn't great news, but I'm so happy for you that you got a real diagnosis and cause for hope!

--------------------
Christine

Those who can do; those who want it done better teach.

#92103 - 07/21/04 12:29 PM
MLB

Reged: 07/21/04

Hope you don't mind this suggestion. I felt compelled to respond.
I had PTSD after 9/11 (I'm a New Yorker)-- I say "had" because it was alleviated by a psych. technique called EMDR. You can email me directly if you'd like (mikkiface@hotmail.com), as it's a personal matter and not related to IBS. Either way, congrats on taking care of yourself. Best wishes to you.

#92107 - 07/21/04 01:06 PM
Cara4503

Reged: 03/20/04

Casey -
I'm so glad this is all working out for you, seeing doctors and all.
I was just reading about PTSD, and do you think you should ask about going on Zoloft? I was reading about it too, because I want to start taking it....and it talks about PTSD. Just a thought....maybe it would help?

Anyways, I hope you're feeling better! Putting a name to something really helps, doesn't it?

~Cara

--------------------
~Cara~

#92118 - 07/21/04 01:23 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Putting a name to it definitely helps. I don't think it's my only problem - I had anxiety problems before the trauma ever happened - but it's a good start. The therapist can't prescribe anything - she and I are just focusing on managing without meds. She's going to forward my information to the doctor I'm seeing on the 2nd, though, and *she* might suggest the meds.

I'm not familiar with any of them, so thanks for the Zoloft suggestion... I'm going to do some reading on that one.

Thanks!

#92120 - 07/21/04 01:25 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

I don't mind at all!

I'm sorry to hear about your PTSD/9-11 experience, but glad to hear you refer to it in the past tense. I'm interested in EMDR - I've seen it mentioned elsewhere online before - I'm not sure if medicaid will cover it, but learning more about it definitely can't hurt. My email's in my profile, too (click the username, above my picture), in case you read this before I have a chance to email. Thanks again and best wishes to you, too!

Re: PSTD..been there!
      #92125 - 07/21/04 01:32 PM
Wookie

Reged: 04/01/04
Loc: n/a

Hey Casey!! I am so glad you talked to someone and got some results!! I was diagnosed with PSTD 4 years ago due to death and abuse from my past. Therapy helps so much!! I also took zoloft for 4 years and it saved my life! Ever need to talk, I am here! Good luck and congrats to getting on the path to recovery!

--------------------
~Wookie

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3141 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2899

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review