All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
D Everyday...Update
      #91354 - 07/18/04 05:05 PM
emma-lee

Reged: 05/20/04
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thanks everyone for your awesome support.
I'm doing a little better today. I haven't been eating any triggers...I don't think. It's hard to know because maybe I did eat something that I don't know is a trigger yet.
Anyway, I'm going to see a nutritionist tomorrow and we'll see what she has to say.
But, I'm still in the dark. I still dont know if this is IBS or Crohns or Colitis. My doctor has done 0 tests on me. She wants me to suffer another year before another colonoscopy. So now I'm waiting to see if a doctor will accept a new patient.
I think I'm also a little sick too becase my boyfriend has been away for a week and I'm here all alone. I wish this would just go away

--------------------
Em*

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: D Everyday...Update new
      #91365 - 07/18/04 06:10 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Em,

I'm glad you seem to be doing better. If you are lonesome go to the living room board and post there. It's lots of fun and will take your mind off of being so lonely.

Barbie

--------------------

#91371 - 07/18/04 06:37 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Emily,

Glad to hear your tummy is a little better Why is it that your doctor wants you to wait another year for the colonoscopy? That doesn't make sense...did he/she say why? Do you have any of the "classic" symptoms of Crohn's or Colitis?

I noticed you are in Toronto so I'm sure it's hard to find a new doctor (I'm in London Ontario and it's darn near impossible here), but have you even had a GI referral? Anything?

Where about is TO do you live and work? I grew up in Markham, but am relocated to London now, and I work in a call center so I hear you on the stressful work environment

Take care,
Kelly

#91384 - 07/18/04 07:39 PM
emma-lee

It's people like you that we need more of out there. Thanks for the support!

--------------------
Em*

#91388 - 07/18/04 07:45 PM
emma-lee

Hi Kelly,
Yeah customer service is not a great job to have when you have IBS.

My doctor has not referred me anywhere at all. Can you believe it? She thinks I'll just get miraculously better. I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon.
But I went on my own to make an appointment with a nutritionist for tomorrow.
So what are the classic signs of crohns or colitis? I may have that and don't even know it.

I live at Islington & Finch. It's not too close to Markham.

--------------------
Em*

Emily! new
      #91389 - 07/18/04 07:48 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

This is so weird! I just posted in the living room that I am lonely right now! I just took my BF home alittle while ago... go read my post and jump in on the thread and we can chat. I just read your profile, I am 20 years old, too.

--------------------
-Sheri

#91410 - 07/18/04 08:45 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hey Emily,

That sucks that you haven't gotten a referral yet, I would try and push for one if you can, because if TO is anything like London, it'll probably be up to four months before you get in to see someone, so you as might as well get started now. Is your doctor just assuming it's IBS? Because that really shouldn't be assumed without the proper testing.

Crohn's and Colitis are two conditions known as Inflammatory Bowel Disease. There are a lot of symptoms, but blood in your bowel movements can be quite common. I'm going to include a link to some info on those conditions from the Mayo Clinic, it has some really good info: http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00104.html

Here also is a list that Heather has on her site of some of the conditions that need to be ruled out prior to an IBS diagnosis:http://www.helpforibs.com/footer/ibs.asp#diseases

What are your main symptoms (other than D) if you don't mind me asking? Do you have any other ones?

I hope this info has helped
Kelly

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 7292 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1102

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review