All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Sounds Familiar new
      #91515 - 07/19/04 12:00 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

My social life has taken a big drop since things got worse in the fall. I used to go out to dinner a lot with friends and occasionally go to the bar. But not anymore. The tough part is exactly as you said, a lot of the time I'd honestly rather just go home and be anti-social than trying to make the effort going out. In my town especially everything is covered in grease, it's gross actually.

I really am glad that I don't have something more serious like Crohn's, colitus, an ulcer, cancer etc. but sometimes it'd sure be easier to expalin to people why I'm not going out or doing __________ <----- insert activity here. Or why I won't even have 'just one' drink if there's a good chance I'll have to work in the morning.

Feel free to rant as much as you like, we all feel your pain

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

me too!! new
      #91525 - 07/19/04 12:20 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

Wow. thanks for posting this. this is such an issue with me. I am mostly accepting and also sometimes inspired by the major eating restrictions I have. but occassionally I have a good sob on my husbands shoulder (who is eternally understanding) because I love food so much, i love cooking and baking and I get sad that I am excluded from that social joy. but i am lucky that this is not a life threatening illness, and i feel (most of the time) that i am learning strength of character from this test life is sending me. its a disease that can be controlled and that is lucky. i get sad when people (including my family) say its all in my head and/or that i am anorexic....but as I get older (am 25, had ibs since 15) i am caring less and less....hang in there everyone...at least we have eachother!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

THANKS EVERYONE new
      #91535 - 07/19/04 12:51 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

I have read all your responses and it made me feel way better to know that you guys are still struggling and it's not just me. I guess we have to make the best of it and hope for understanding friends and family.

Re: A long rant about IBS... new
      #91580 - 07/19/04 02:18 PM
Sweetd

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: NY

I know what you mean. There are somedays where I can't stand it anymore, I just can't seem to get it under control. I find it very hard when I am at a party or a BBQ. What CAN I eat? Nothing really, everything at the parties are red meat, chips, dairy, high fat foods. To top things off I am allergic to corn so I have to avoid corn too.Sometimes, I just want to take a break and eat like everyone else and enjoy what I eat. I can handel note snacking on fattening foods but not being able to eat cheese, meat, corn, and dairy... that is really difficult for me to give up.

--------------------
Ibs-d and fructose sensitive.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2308 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1606

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review