Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Help with dry mouth
      #91125 - 07/17/04 11:10 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Hello,

I'm just looking for suggestions for dealing with dry mouth. I'm thinking my dry mouth is a side-effect of the librax because it's just started in the last few weeks. I've never experienced anything like it, it doesn't matter how much I drink, I feel like a human prune!

Any suggestions for anything else I could try?

Kelly

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Help with dry mouth new
      #91134 - 07/17/04 12:07 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Kelly,

The dry mouth isn't so bad for me. Go to the drugstore and ask the pharmacist for a toothpaste or mouthwash especially made for dry mouth I can't remember the name ( I guess they have that kind of stuff in Canada). Also you could chew gum or suck on mints just be sure they don't have Sorbitol! I chew Juicy Fruit and suck Lifesavers wintergreen mints.

Barbie

--------------------

#91138 - 07/17/04 01:28 PM
jeenerz

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Northwest Montana

I believe it is the librax you are on. I had been on one/day for several months and didn't notice it much, but about 2 weeks ago I had to start doing 2/day and the 'dry mouth' hit pretty hard. However, the last couple of days it hasn't seemed too bad, so maybe our bodies will get used to the librax and the dry mouth will go away. I have dry mouth today pretty bad, but I had an attack this am and had to take immodium and I think that caused it. Otherwise, I just drink lots and lots of water; I do not enjoy drinking water, so I look at it as a reminder to take a sip. Barbie had some good suggestions; I suck on altoids or mentos. Good Luck

#91148 - 07/17/04 02:05 PM
mspaschal259

Reged: 05/28/04
Loc: North Carolina , USA

Hello! I take Donnatl and have extreme dry mouth. Altoids help and then water and ice chips when you are near a bathroom for all the having to pee. Sorry.

--------------------
-----Marilyn-----

#91182 - 07/17/04 05:15 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Kelly, the name of the toothpaste Barbie mentioned is Biotene. I can't live without it!! They also make a mouthwash and chewing gum (could cause gas and check the sweeteners), which is not great as gum but FABULOUS as a convenient delivery system for the anti-dry mouth enzymes. Finally they make a gel called Oral Balance that I use at night. It takes a little getting used to but now I find it VERY helpful.

Another product here in the States is Salivart, a spray.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3457 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 678

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review