All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Funny Nutrionist Story
      #89402 - 07/13/04 11:25 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

My nutrionist appointment today turned out to be pretty funny, although a waste of time at the same time. My doctor had made this request a month ago, so had my appointment this morning.

I sit down with the nutrionist and she starts asking me questions about what I'm eating, problems I'm having, etc. I decide to tell her some, but not all of what I'm doing just to see what type of suggestions she has. As soon as I finish, she starts talking to me.. practically finishing the list that I would have given to her about foods I should eat and foods I should avoid!

Then.. to make matters even funnier, she pulls out Heather's Eating for IBS and says, "I always recommend this to all my IBS patients.." and starts giving me a quick synopsis about Heather being a patient-expert and how her first book is perfect for those who want to understand more. It was too funny!

So needless to say, the only new info I got out of there was to cut way back on sugars to see if it helps a couple other problems I was having, but that was it. Just thought I'd share

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Funny Nutrionist Story new
      #89411 - 07/13/04 11:41 AM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

That IS pretty funny, and encouraging at the same time! It's about time we heard about medical professionals of any kind being right-on about the diet we really SHOULD be eating. Heh. Pretty cool.

#89460 - 07/13/04 12:51 PM
jonsie57

Reged: 06/08/04
Loc: dallas, texas

Pretty interesting...That means we are all on the right track..
I have only one question. you say to cut down on sugars. I am having a problem finding a good sugar substitute...I am allergic to splenda and didnt care for stetiva (sp)...any other suggestions? I probably would lose a few more pounds if I could find a good subt. would appreciate anyone's idea. What do u use?

#89464 - 07/13/04 01:06 PM
tonyabee

Reged: 07/13/04
Loc: Alberta, Canada

I have been using stevia, but have also tried fruit syrups (like grape concentrate). They work ok, but quartering the amount of sugar in baking will usually not ruin the recipe, just make it less sweet! I also use a lot of applesauce.

#89508 - 07/13/04 02:46 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

That is so cool!!! Heather rocks!!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Sugar Substitutes new
      #89536 - 07/13/04 03:37 PM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

If you're using fruit in a recipe, trying increasing the amount to use the fruit's natural sugar.

For other suggestions, do a search on the boards (no time limits) or try posting this in a new thread - that way more people can see it.

Hope this helps!

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

#89618 - 07/13/04 08:44 PM
TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York

That's fantastic - it's good to see our medical society cathing on.

I went to a dietician last year before I found Heather and she was recommending I eat yogurt every morning and increase my whole grains. Then I blew up like a balloon and the gas was horrid and I never went back.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3206 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 646

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review