All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Update on my situation.
      #8910 - 05/13/03 05:58 AM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

My boss told me that the comments the girl made were not directed to me that they were all only talking about the Microsoft Toilet that they put out on the web for people to see. Perhaps I did overreact to their words, but in the past they had made comments directed at me. I cannot help but be overparanoid about them constantly cause I know their hearts. Perhaps I haven't came to terms with my IBS-D and that is why I take things to personally.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Update on my situation. new
      #8911 - 05/13/03 06:04 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

You're SO not alone! I would have done the same thing, promise! We're very sensitive, kind, caring people us IBSers...! And it's a beautiful thing to be this way--we just need to learn when to use it

It's hard not to be on the defensive when you're going to the bathroom all the time, and your embarassed, and uncomfortable--you feel transparent! (I have constipation--so I'm in the bathroom for an hour--believe me people notice when you're gone that long)! You feel like everyone has their eyes on you. Truth is--they probably don't!

My mom once told me when I was a kid that people are very into themselves. As a kid, I was very rigid. If I dropped my pencil, I felt awkward and uncoordinaed and I felt like everyone noticed my every move (this was like 2nd grade). I wanted to be "cool" and graceful! My mom expalined that no one would remember if I dropped my pencil--they were too busy worrying about dropping it themselves! She was right! People are QUITE self absorbed--and they are always trying to impress not be impressed by others. It's hard to remember this in the moment--but my mother's words have helped me through a lot--I hope this helps you too!!! (((((hugs)))))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

#8912 - 05/13/03 06:09 AM
KyAngel

Reged: 04/24/03
Loc: Pikeville, Kentucky

You are very right. I have just dealt with proven past harassment. I do feel transparent like that just as you say. I cannot believe that I take it to heart though, I think I need to go to a counselor.

#8913 - 05/13/03 06:17 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Maybe you need to go to a counselor for other reasons, that's up to you--but I wouldn't say you need to for taking these things to heart! We're all growing people and we each learn things in our own time! I am just learning this year (I'm 24) not to take things to heart! We have to give people the benefit of the doubt--but htis is HARD and a big lesson in growing up! You are NOT the only person going through this--trust me! We all develop in our own time when we're ready--that doesn't mean there's something wrong with you, that's for sure!!! My boss was always giving me pointers and telling me what to do this year (my first year teaching) and it drove me NUTS! I thought she felt I was stupid or something! She only wanted to make me a better teacher--she wasn't doing it for her ego, or because she thought I wasn't qualified--she did it to help me learn and grow! It took me months to realize this (and my husband's honesty that I was wearing blinders and not seeing things for what they are). I grew up a LOT this year through recognizing my insecurities and judgements. I didn't need a therpaist though--just my best friend to be honest enough to let me know I didn't have a clear picture. You see now that you didn't have a clear picture--and I'm sure you will grow and make small and then bigger changes as a result!

There's NOTHING wrong with you though, promise!!!!!!

(((hugs))

Ruchie

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 4569 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 461

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review