Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Re: not "sensitive" new
      #88972 - 07/12/04 09:55 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Quote:

..."strong-willed" is more like it. I'm definitely perfectionistic, and I'm not particularly flexible.

Me too! A family quote about me was from when I was 6 or 7 and having a birthday party at home. I felt ignored or something, and went off in tears to my room. My mom came after me to tell me that I can't abandon my own party and that I should be more flexible. My response: "It's my birthday and I don't WANNA be flexible!"

I'm trying to moderate that tendency as an adult, of course.

--AC, the hardheaded

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

ummm, not me... new
      #89002 - 07/12/04 10:23 AM
melitami

Reged: 02/23/04
Loc: Ewing, NJ, USA (IBS-D, Vegetarian)

"stubborn as mule and one of the strongest people I've ever met" is how a friend in high school described me. I do have a tendency to think too much and let things get to me that way, but I'm very good at hiding it (I do theater, I'm an actor in real life, a techie when I'm around a stage). But not sensitive, and I'm such a tomboy and I hate being told I can't do things, so not delicate.

--------------------
Melissa
Friendship is thicker than blood. ~Rent

not me. i may be one of the toughest women you know. -nt- new
      #89050 - 07/12/04 11:28 AM
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA

--------------------

thanks everyone! new
      #89652 - 07/14/04 02:49 AM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

thanks everyone for answering....reading your answers made me realise that I didn't pose my question thoroughly enough! Whilst I definetly class myself as a sensitive person (something I see as more a positive trait then a negative one...I am a wonderful friend to people, can sense vibes like no tomorrow..its a talent!) I have also been described as highly strung, deep thinking, easily frantic, and for sure a perfectionist...I put such huge demands on myself..I started to get anxiety which was a blessing in the long run because I had to start to accept my humanity as opposed to my superwomanness! Thanks all for answering!

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Re: character of an ibs'er' new
      #89683 - 07/14/04 06:19 AM
Janice B

Reged: 04/14/04
Loc: New Jersey

I tend to be a very stubborn person. I won't do anything that I don't want to and there's nothing anyone can say or do to change my mind once it's set. I do have a tendency to be a little emotional at times, but who doesn't. I tend to hold my feelings in, I don't like to let people see me cry. I don't think I've had anyone say to me that I was so sensitive.

--------------------
Janice B

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 566 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1742

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review