All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
New to this
      #88346 - 07/09/04 03:04 PM
JMT

Reged: 06/25/04

Is it possible to have IBS without the bowel problems and have just horrible bloating and pressure (for 6 weeks now)?I've had xrays, pelvic ultrasound and colonscopy that all seem normal....getting NO help from Drs on this! Judy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: New to this new
      #88359 - 07/09/04 03:44 PM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Judy,

I think everyone experiences IBS a little differently. Since you have had all the tests and nothing else seems to be wrong I think you probably do have IBS... Just in your own way... I really don't have much "bowel problems" either. Just "D" once in a while if I eat a trigger food or am under a lot of stress. I do have a lot of bloating & gas, though. I take OTC Phazyme and it helps me. You might try the safe foods for a while and stay away from gas producing foods.

Good luck
Barbie

--------------------

#88488 - 07/10/04 08:43 AM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

If I remember right, Heather herself is "pain-predominant" IBS, meaning her attacks are mostly extreme pain, but little or no D. So I think the answer is yes.

Also when I was younger my problem was mostly doubling over with pain and blowing up like a pregnant balloon. If I'd started the IBS diet then, who knows, maybe I wouldn't have proceded to D.

And yeah, I got no help from my doctors at the time either.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

#88686 - 07/11/04 06:31 AM
Yoda (formerly Hans)

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Canada

I think so. There was a lady that was on this board that had nothing but gas related problems. IBS can manifest itself in lots of different ways.
The best thing for bloating is fennel tea. Crush up a teaspoon of fennel seeds into a tea strainer. Steep in a mug of boiling water. It really works wonders.
Try to take a small walk after all meals - it helps to digest and will help ease the gas problems.
Chew slowly and eat slowly. That way you're not gulping in air.
Visit the yoga board for poses to eliminate gas (trust me they work wonders!). I use them frequently.

--------------------
Formerly HanSolo. IBS, OCD, Bipolar, PTSD times 3.

#88903 - 07/12/04 05:05 AM
Shirl

Reged: 02/19/04
Loc: North Carolina

Hi Judy,
welcome to the boards. I do not really suffer d or c. But I do suffer gas and bloating. I am not on any meds right now have tried many but seem to be ok without them for now. Do u have Heather's book yet?

--------------------
if God brought you to it. He will bring you through it.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1765 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 607

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review